||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (December 2012)|
|This biographical article relies on references to primary sources. (February 2008)|
Clement Bezold is one of the founders of the Institute for Alternative Futures as well as its for-profit subsidiary Alternative Futures Associates, and is the current Chairman of the Board. As a futurist, he has written or edited more than ten books related to the future, particularly in the area of the future of health. Key books include Anticipatory Democracy: People in Politics of the Future published in 1978 and The Future of Work and Health published in 1985. Through the IAF, he has been involved in futures consulting for many decades. He has a Ph.D in political science.
Dr. Bezold established the Institute for Alternative Futures in 1977 to encourage "Anticipatory Democracy." In 1982, he started Alternative Futures Associates to assist corporations in their strategic planning. Trained as a political scientist, he has been a major developer of foresight techniques - applying futures research and strategic planning methods in both the public and private sectors. He serves as the Consulting Editor for the Journal of Futures Studies and sits on the editorial advisory boards of the journals foresight, Technology Forecasting and Social Change and World Future Review.
He is a frequent speaker on the future for voluntary organizations, corporations, and health care and education groups. Dr. Bezold is also leads a number of projects for the Institute for Alternative Futures including the Disparity Reducing Advances (DRA) Project and the Project on Foresight for Smart Globalization.
Books, Reports & Selected Articles
- Anticipatory Democracy: People in Politics of the Future
- Anticipatory Democracy Revisited
- The Biomonitoring Futures Project Final Report and Recommendations
- Most Important Disparity Reducing Advances in US Healthcare
- The Future of Chiropractic: Optimizing Health Gains
- The Future of Chiropractic Revisited: 2005 to 2015
- The Future of Complementary and Alternative Approaches (CAAs) in US Health Care
- The Future of Health and Health Care in Latin America and the Prospects of Health for All
- 2020 Visions: Health Care Information, Standards, and Technologies.
- Healthy People in a Healthy World: The Belmont Vision for Health Care in America
- The Future of Work and Health
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|