Clementi Police Division
The Clementi Police Division (or 'D' Division, Chinese: 金文泰警区) is a police division of the Singapore Police Force. Covering the south-wested parts of Singapore, it controls an area of about 70 square kilometres which includes all or part of Bukit Merah, Bukit Timah, Clementi, Queenstown, Jurong East, as well as off-shore islands such as Sentosa and Jurong Island. Four Neighbourhood Police Centres (NPC) and 11 Neighbourhood Police Posts (NPP) comes under the management of the Division.
'D' Division was first formed in 1964 with its headquarters at Queenstown Police Station, Queenstown, which was sited directly across the road from the Police Reserve Unit 2 stationed at Queensway Base. This base also provided accommodations for off-duty single male officers then. Changing demographies and the rapid development of the suburbs resulted in the shifting of the divisional headquarters to its present location in Clementi in 1987.
'D' Division was the first division in which the NPC system was implemented and went on trial. The first such NPC, Queenstown Neighbourhood Police Centre, opened its doors on 1 October 1997 before being officially opened by Mr Wong Kang Seng, Minister for Home Affairs, on 20 December 1997. Operating from a temporary site beside the Queenstown MRT Station, it has since moved to a new site co-located with the new fire station of the Singapore Civil Defence Force. The other three NPCs has since moved into permanent buildings, although the Clementi Neighbourhood Police Centre was set up at the existing facilities of the Clementi Police Station now co-located with the division headquarters.
- Clementi Police Divisional Headquarters
- Bukit Merah West Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Clementi Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Jurong East Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Queenstown Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Alexandra Neighbourhood Police Post
- Ayer Rajah Neighbourhood Police Post
- Bukit Timah Neighbourhood Police Post
- Buona Vista Neighbourhood Police Post
- Clementi Neighbourhood Police Post
- Commonwealth Neighbourhood Police Post
- Dover Neighbourhood Police Post
- Pasir Panjang Neighbourhood Police Post
- Telok Blangah Neighbourhood Police Post
- Ulu Pandan Neighbourhood Police Post
- West Coast Neighbourhood Police Post
- "10.30pm Television Corporation of Singapore English News: OVER 32 NPCS TO BE SET UP TO BOOST COMMUNITY BASED POLICING". National Archive of Singapore. 14 July 1997. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- "The Official Opening of The 1st Civil Defence (CD) Division HQ, Alexandra Fire Station and Queensway Neighbourhood Police Centre (NPC) - Speech by Mr Wong Kan Seng, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister For Home Affairs, 6 September 2005" (Press release). Ministry of Home Affairs (Singapore). 6 September 2005. Retrieved 25 June 2011.