|This article relies on references to primary sources. (May 2012)|
|Original author(s)||David Sansome, John Maguire|
|Developer(s)||Paweł Bara, Arnaud Bienner|
|Initial release||February, 2010|
|Stable release||1.2 (October 13, 2013[±])|
|Written in||C++ (Qt)|
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Size||6 MB − Unix-like
19 MB − Windows
26 MB − Mac OS X
8 MB − source code
|License||GNU General Public License v3|
Clementine is a cross-platform free and open source music player and library organizer. It is a port of Amarok 1.4 to the Qt 4 framework and the GStreamer multimedia framework. It is available for Unix-like, Windows and Mac OS X. Clementine is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Clementine was created because of the Amarok transition from version 1.4 to version 2, and the shift of focus connected with it, which was criticized by many users. The first version of Clementine was released in February 2010.
- Listening to internet radio from Spotify, Grooveshark, Jamendo, Last.fm, Magnatune, SKY.fm, SomaFM, Icecast, Digitally Imported, Soundcloud and Google Drive and possibly Google Music in the future.
- Sidebar information panes with song lyrics, statistics, artist biographies and pictures.
- Tag editor, album cover and queue manager.
- Downloading cover art from Last.fm.
- Fetch missing tags from MusicBrainz.
- projectM audio visualization.
- Search and download podcasts.
- Creation of smart and dynamic playlists.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export as M3U, XSPF, PLS, ASX and Cue sheets.
- Transfer of music to some iPods (corruption of iPod problems exist as of build 1.1.1), iPhone, MTP or any USB mass-storage player.
- Transcoding music into MP3, Ogg, FLAC or AAC.
- Remote control using a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line interface.
- Moodbar visualizations.
- David Sansome (2010-02-22), Clementine 0.1, KDE Mailing Lists, retrieved 2012-10-29
- "Clementine Music Player", Analysis Summary (Ohloh), retrieved 2012-09-13
- "Downloads", Clementine (code.google.com), retrieved 2012-10-29
- "License", Clementine (code.google.com), retrieved 2012-10-29
- Clementine-player, code.google.com, retrieved 2012-10-29
- Chris von Eitzen (2012-10-29), Clementine music player adds podcast support, The H, retrieved 2012-10-29