Clements High School
||This school-related article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2010)|
|William P. Clements High School|
|4200 Elkins Dr.
Sugar Land, Texas
|School district||Fort Bend ISD|
|Enrollment||2,645 (Spring 2012)|
|Color(s)||Columbia blue, Navy blue, and White|
|Magnet||Partial: Foreign languages|
|2011 TEA Rating||Exemplary|
|Website||Clements High School|
William P. Clements High School, more commonly known as Clements High School, is a public high school in First Colony and in Sugar Land within the U.S. state of Texas that is named after former Texas governor Bill Clements, and is a part of the Fort Bend Independent School District. The school serves most of First Colony, and a portion of Telfair.
Clements High School has been recognized by Texas Monthly magazine in its list of the top of the southern high schools in the state of Texas. In Newsweek magazine's 2009 ranking of United States high schools, Clements is ranked 353rd . Clements also has been named the 3rd best school in Houston by the Houston Press for the 2005–2006 school year. The school has also been rated the 2nd best high school in 2007 tied with High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in the Houston region by the nonprofit organization Children at Risk . For 2010 and 2011, Clements High School was prestigiously rated Exemplary.
Clements was occupied in 1983. The school was named after William P. Clements. In 2009, Lee Crews, former head principal of both First Colony Middle School and Quail Valley Middle School, was named head principal of Clements. In 2011, Kenneth Gregorski, formerly of Crockett Middle School, was named head principal. In 2013, David Yaffie, formerly of Baines Middle School, was named head principal.
Over 98% of all the students at Clements passed the TAKS exam in 2003. Clements was also number 373 on the National Best High School List by Challenge Index. Recently, in 2014, Clements has been ranked number 3 on the Best Math and Science High Schools in the Houston-Area list, and was listed as number 2 on the Best High Schools in the Houston-Arealist. The class of 2000 and 2004 had the most National Merit Semi-Finalists in school history with 43. The class of 2003 had 42 national merit semi-finalists.  In 2007, there were 23 National Merit Semi-Finalists, 21 of which were National Merit Finalists, 30 National Merit Commended students, and 3 National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars. In 2007 Clements High School had more PSAT National Merit Semi-Finalists than any other school within a hundred and fifty mile radius. The majority of the students ranked above average on the SAT administered by the College Board and attend community colleges in state . The average 2011 SAT scores were  Critical Reading 559, Mathematics 608, and Writing 573. Clements is often recognized as one of the best high schools in the district, state and nation, and has been ranked "Exemplary" by the Texas Education Agency for over 15 years.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2011)|
Clements offers different clubs, organizations, and teams. A full list is viewable here: http://www.fortbendisd.com/campuses/chs/activities.cfm?ActivityTitleIndex=All
Clubs & Organizations
Clements has the largest chapter of the National Honor Society per student population of any public high school in the nation. As of 2014, it also has the largest DECA chapter in the world with over 1000 students. Clements has a history of being exceptionally stellar in math and science, and has a nationally recognized JETS/Science Olympiad program that won the 2013 and 2014 state championships, advancing to nationals. In 2014, Clements regained it's title of 5A UIL State Academic Champion, an award it held 4 times previous, for 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. Clements also has a nationally acclaimed Speech and Debate Team, as well as a Model United Nations program that ranks among the top 25 in the southern U.S. Clements is also home to the Global Studies Academy, part of FBISD's district-wide magnet school program, which specializes in educating students in foreign languages such as Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Latin, and others, as well as world cultures and social studies.
UIL State Championship Titles
- 2014 Overall State Champion
- Computer Science: 1st Place Team (Raymond Chee, Michael Li, Jim Ren, Michael Lopiccolo)
- Current Issues & Events: 3rd Place Team (Arsalan Afzal, Diane Sun, Abdul Khan, Ross Trivisonno)
- Math: 1st Place Team (Steven Jiang, Eric Li, Wilbur Li, Shomik Verma)
- Number Sense: 1st Place Team (Aditya Jain, Steven Jiang, Angeline Rao, Girishvar Venkat)
- Science: 3rd Place Team (Michael Cheng, James Diao, Gene Hsu, Pranay Nakirekan)
- 2013 Overall 2nd Place
- Computer Science: 3rd Place Team (Raymond Chee, Michael Lopiccolo, Jim Ren, Brian Wang)
- Number Sense: 2nd Place Team (Aditya Jain, Steven Jiang, Angeline Rao, Haotian Wu)
- Math: 3rd Place Team (Haotian Wu, Steven Jiang, Aditya Jain, Shomik Verma)
- Science: 2nd Place Team (Lilly Shen, James Diao, Aditya Jain, Gene Hsu)
- 2012 Overall 2nd Place
- Mathematics: 3rd Place Team (Steven Jiang, Haotian Wu, Shomik Verma, Lilly Shen )
- Number Sense: 2nd Place Team (Aditya Jain, Steven Jiang, Angeline Rao, Jamar Brooks)
- Science: 5th Place Team (Lilly Shen, Michael Xie, James Diao, Maxwell Lee)
- 2011 Overall State Champion
- Calculator Applications: 3rd Place Team (Kevin Chen, Kevin Pham, Wenyang Fu, Nathan Kwan)
- Computer Science: 1st Place Team (Kevin Chen, Karthik Sethuraman, Andrew Lin, Sakhuja, Chirag)
- Literary Criticism: 2nd Place Team (Karthik Sethuraman, Quan Nguyen, Jaclyn Kachelmeyer, Mimi Elestwani)
- Mathematics: 2nd Place Team (Kevin Chen, Lilly Shen, Kevin Pham, Nathan Kwan)
- Number Sense: 1st Place Team (Kevin Chen, Aditya Jain, Jamar Brooks, Chris Lin)
- 2010 Overall State Champion
- Calculator Applications: 3rd Place Team (Kevin Chen, Kevin Lin, Nathan Kwan, Jeffrey Chan)
- Computer Science: 1st Place Team (Kevin Chen, Andrew Lin, Karthik Sethuraman, Zheng M. Li)
- Mathematics: 3rd Place Team (Kevin Chen, Jeffrey Chan, Kevin Lin, Nathan Kwan)
- Number Sense: 1st Place Team (Kevin Chen, Aaron Chen, Jeffrey Chan, Chris Lin)
- Science: 1st Place Team (Kevin Chen, Dan Nguyen, Billy Xu, Jialing Lu)
- 2009 Overall State Champion
- Calculator Applications: 1st Place Team (Kevin Chen, Nathan Kwan, Kevin Lin, Zhang Mark, Dennis Mou)
- Computer Science: 1st Place Team (Kevin Chen, Karthik Sethuraman, Justin Spahr-Summers, Mark Zhang)
- Mathematics: 1st Place Team (Jeffrey Chan, Kevin Chen, Dennis Mou, Mark Zhang)
- Number Sense: 1st Place Team (Jeffrey Chan, Kevin Chen, Kevin Lin, Dennis Mou, Mark Zhang)
- Science: 2nd Place Team (Mark Zhang)
- Spelling & Vocabulary: 1st Place Team (Karen Jong, Ian Lo, Lulu Peng, Yuxi Zhou)
- 2008 Overall State Champion
- Computer Science: 1st Place Team (Kevin Chen, Ferris Elestwani, Justin Spahr-Summers, Mark Zhang, John Zhao)
- Science: 1st Place Team (Kenneth Hu, Dennis Mou, Hao Shuang Zhang, Mark Zhang)
- 2007 Overall 3rd Place
- Mathematics: 1st Place Team (Stephanie Chan, Dennis Mou, Jim Zhang, Mark Zhang)
- Science: 1st Place Team (Gaurav Dhar, Kenneth Hu, Jim Zhang, John Zhao)
- 2006 Overall 3rd Place
- Science: 1st Place Team (Wei Chun Hsu, Kenneth Hu, Kathleen Jia, Yang Mou)
- 2005 Overall 3rd Place
- Science: 1st Place Team (Ho Lum Cheung, Jim Hsu, Kathleen Jia, Yang Mou)
Clements Band is very famous for having one of the largest numbers of All-Staters in the state of Texas. The band has had numerous four year All-Staters and is currently under the direction of Daniel Galloway, Jeff Johnson, and Kyle Witty. The band earned its 31st consecutive UIL sweepstakes award in April 2014 for concert and sight reading contest.
- Colony Bend
- Austin Parkway (partial)
- Colony Meadows
- Commonwealth (partial)
- Settlers Way (partial)
The following middle schools  feed into Clements:
- Fort Settlement (partial)
- First Colony (partial)
For the 2013-14 School Year, according to the official FBISD 2013-14 Fall Ethnicity Report
American Indian= 4, 0.16%
Asian= 1209, 49.28%
Black= 135, 5.39%
Nat Hawaii/Oth Pacific= 3, 0.12%
White= 796, 31.79%
Hispanic/Latino= 296, 11.82%
Multi-Racial= 61, 2.44%
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (October 2011)|
- Matt Albers - Major League Baseball pitcher, with the Houston Astros
- Stacy Jones - Singer, songwriter, guitarist for American Hi-Fi and musical director for Hannah Montana
- Jason Konopisos - Actor, comedian, writer
- Mark Quinn - Former Major League Baseball outfielder for the Kansas City Royals
- Patrick Wang - Actor, writer, director
- Bryan Stoltenberg - a professional American football player who played offensive lineman for the San Diego Chargers, New York Giants, and Carolina Panthers. He was also a member of the 1995 College Football All-America Team.
- Kevin Wu - YouTube vlogger
- Aristotle Manolakos - Producer and DJ signed as a tour opener with OWSLA 
- "Clements High School Faculty List". Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Interactive Mapping." First Colony Association. Retrieved on April 4, 2010.
- "High School Attendance Zones." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on April 4, 2010.
- "Community Map." (Flash file) Telfair. Retrieved on October 2, 2011.
- "FBISD History." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on April 4, 2010.
- Clements grad Bryan Stoltenberg dead at 40.
-  Tour Dates
- Clements High School official website Alternate URL
- Clements High School Alumni Website
- Report from GreatSchools.net
- Clements Band Website
- Clements Orchestra Website
- Clements Theatre Website
- Clements Ranger Football Fans Website
- Fort Bend Rangers Lacrosse Club
- Ranger Soccer
- information (PDF file)
- Clements High School NJROTC