Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne Airport
|Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne Airport
Aéroport de Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne
|IATA: CFE – ICAO: LFLC|
|Operator||CCI de Clermont-Ferrand / Issoire|
|Elevation AMSL||1,090 ft / 332 m|
Location of Auvergne region in France
|Sources: French AIP|
Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne Airport (French: Aéroport de Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne) (IATA: CFE, ICAO: LFLC) is an airport serving the French city of Clermont-Ferrand. It is located 6.7 km (3.6 nautical miles) east of the city, in Aulnat, both communes of the Puy-de-Dôme department in the Auvergne region of France.
The airport resides at an elevation of 1,090 feet (332 m) above mean sea level. It has one asphalt paved runway designated 08/26 which measures 3,015 by 45 metres (9,892 ft × 148 ft), plus two grass runways: one parallel to 08/26 which measures 909 by 50 metres (2,982 ft × 164 ft) and one designated 01/19 which measures 705 by 60 metres (2,313 ft × 197 ft).
Airlines and destinations
|Air Corsica||Seasonal: Ajaccio|
operated by HOP!
|Amsterdam, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly|
|Ryanair||Seasonal: Charleroi, Porto|
- On 28 December 1971, Vickers Viscount F-BOEA of Air Inter was damaged beyond economic repair when it departed the runway on a training flight during a simulated failure of #4 engine.
- On 27 October 1972, Air Inter Flight 696, Vickers Viscount 724 F-BMCH, en route from Lyon to Clermont-Ferrand, crashed 4 km west of Noirétable during bad weather; 60 on board died, 8 survived. The subsequent investigation determined that the accident was caused by the flight crew's failure to notice that their plane's radio compass had shifted 180 degrees, most likely the result of electrical discharges in the rainstorm they were flying through. The crew may have followed the erroneous reading as they attempted to fly an approach pattern using Clermont-Ferrand's non-directional beacon (NDB). The aircraft descended too early and struck a mountain 44km east of the airport.
- Airport website
- Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne Airport (official site - corporate) (French)
- Aéroport de Clermont-Ferrand - Auvergne (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Airport information for LFLC at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Accident history for CFE at Aviation Safety Network