||This article possibly contains original research. (November 2008)|
|The Simpsons character|
|Job||Farmer, construction worker|
Children: May have up to 70 children, at least 45 of whom have been named in episodes: Birthday, Brittany, Cassidy, Chloe, Cody, Condoleeza Marie, Crystal Meth, Dermott, Dubya, Dylan, Embry Joe, Gummy Sue, Heather, Hunter, Ian, Incest, International Harvester, Jitney, Jordan, Katlin, Kendall, Kevin, Kira, Lauren, Mary, Mary Not-Quite-Right, Mary Zeke, Max, Melvis, Morgan, Noah, Normal Head Joe, Phil, Q-Bert, Rubella Scabies, Rumor, Sascha, Scout, Something New, Stabbed In Jail, Taylor, Tiffany, Wesley, Whitney, Zoe Mother: Brandine
|Voice actor||Hank Azaria|
|The Simpsons||"Bart Gets an Elephant"|
Cletus Delroy Spuckler is a recurring character in the Fox animated series The Simpsons, voiced by Hank Azaria. Cletus is Springfield's resident Hillbilly stereotype. He is usually portrayed wearing a white sleeveless shirt and blue jeans.
Cletus was introduced during the fifth season of the show, in "Bart Gets an Elephant", as one of the "slack-jawed yokels" gawking at Bart's elephant Stampy. Cletus's voice is slightly deeper in this initial appearance than in later episodes. He, like the Sea Captain before him, was the go-to character for a quick laugh on the show, and is a staff favorite. He made several generic appearances on the show before being given his first name in "Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily".
Cletus's low intelligence is usually portrayed as the result of inbreeding, and jokes are occasionally made which refer to his partner Brandine being related to him. It has been suggested that Brandine is Cletus's mother and sister. The two are shown to have a large number of children with stereotypical hillbilly names, and add to their family casually. In the Season 19 episode "Apocalypse Cow", one of his many daughters, Mary, received a cow from Bart, which Bart wanted Mary to care for. Cletus mistook this for a proposal, and almost married the two.
His last name was given as "Del Roy" in the episode "Behind the Laughter". In "Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays", his name is given as "Cletus Spuckler" in a news report.
- Rob LaZebnik (writer), Bob Anderson (director) (01-27-2013). "The Changing of the Guardian". The Simpsons. Season 24. Episode 11. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Michael Price (writer), Susie Dietter (director) (03-04-2007). "Yokel Chords". The Simpsons. Season 18. Episode 14. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Jennifer Crittenden (writer), Chuck Sheetz (director) (01-19-1997). "The Twisted World of Marge Simpson". The Simpsons. Season 8. Episode 11. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Andrew Kreisberg (writer), Matthew Nastuk (director) (02-16-2003). "Barting Over". The Simpsons. Season 14. Episode 11. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- John Frink (writer), Bob Anderson (director) (05-15-2011). "500 Keys". The Simpsons. Season 22. Episode 21. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Brian Pollack (writer), Mert Rich and Mark Kirkland (directors) (12-01-2002). "Helter Shelter". The Simpsons. Season 14. Episode 5. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Jeff Westbrook (writer), Nancy Kruse (director) (04-27-2008). "Apocalypse Cow". The Simpsons. Season 19. Episode 17. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Tim Long (writer), Bob Anderson (director) (09-30-2012). "Moonshine River". The Simpsons. Season 24. Episode 1. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Tim Long (writer), Michael Polcino (director) (02-10-2013). "Love is a Many Splintered Thing". The Simpsons. Season 24. Episode 12. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Dick Blasucci (writer), Lance Kramer (director) (05-01-2011). "The Real Housewives of Fat Tony". The Simpsons. Season 22. Episode 19. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- Kevin Curran (writer), Nancy Kruse (director) (02-16-2003). "I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can". The Simpsons. Season 14. Episode 12. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- John Frink (writer), Mark Kirkland (director) (2005-12-11). "The Italian Bob". The Simpsons. Season 17. Episode 8. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- John Swartzwelder (writer), Jim Reardon (director) (1994-03-31). "Bart Gets an Elephant". The Simpsons. Season 5. Episode 17. Fox Broadcasting Company.
- "IGN: Top 25 Simpsons Peripheral Characters". Tv.ign.com. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- Cletus Spuckler at the Internet Movie Database
- Cletus Spuckler at Simpsons Wikia
- Spuckler Children at Simpsons wikia
|The Simpsons characters|
|The Simpson family and relatives|
|Springfield Elementary School faculty, staff, and students|
|Springfield Nuclear Power Plant||Villains||Lists|