Cleveland is an unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Hancock County, Indiana.
Cleveland was originally called Portland, and under the latter name was laid out and platted in 1834. The community was renamed Cleveland in 1855.
A post office was established as Cleveland in 1852, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903.
Cleveland is located at 39°47′25″N 85°38′41″W / 39.79028°N 85.64472°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Cleveland, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- ^ Richman, George J. (1916). History of Hancock County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. Wm. Mitchell Printing Company. p. 719.
- ^ Binford, John H. (1882). History of Hancock County, Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement by the "pale Face," in 1818, Down to 1882. King & Binford. p. 249.
- ^ "Hancock County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 17 September 2014.