Cleveland Fire Brigade
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
|Cleveland Fire Brigade|
|Boroughs||Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland and Stockton-on-Tees|
|Chief Fire Officer||Ian Hayton|
|Facilities and equipment|
Cleveland Fire Brigade is the statutory fire and rescue service covering the boroughs of Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland & Stockton-on-Tees in the North East of England. The name originates from the former county of Cleveland which was abolished in 1996. For ceremonial purposes the Brigade's area is split between County Durham and North Yorkshire.
Cleveland is organised operationally into four Districts: Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland and Stockton-on-Tees.
Cleveland Fire Brigade operates 15 fire stations, of which 9 are crewed day and night (wholetime) and 6 are crewed by retained firefighters who live near to their fire station and can arrive there within five minutes of a call being received.
Breakdown of the different areas and locations of each fire station: here
Cleveland wholetime stations
- Stranton Water Tender Ladder (India-1), Water Tender (India-3), Emergency Tender/Command Support Unit (India-5)
- Billingham Water Tender Ladder (Golf-1)
- Stockton Water Tender Ladder (Bravo-1), Water Tender (Bravo-3), Emergency Tender/Heavy Rescue Unit (Bravo-5)
- Thornaby Water Tender Ladder (Echo-1), Water Tender (Echo-3), Land Rover 4x4 and Inflatable Water Rescue Boat (Echo-0)
- Workshops Incident Support Unit (Whisky-1), Environmental Protection Unit (Whisky-3)
- Middlesbrough Water Tender Ladder (Alpha-1), Water Tender (Alpha-3), Hydraulic Platform (Alpha-6)
- Marine Water Tender Ladder (Foxtrot-2)
- Coulby Newham Water Tender Ladder (Hotel-1), Emergency Tender (Hotel-5), Land Rover 4x4 Line Rescue Unit (Hotel-4)
Redcar & Cleveland:
- Grangetown Water Tender Ladder (Charlie-1), Water Tender (Charlie-3), Unimog 4x4 Pump (Charlie-4)
- Redcar Water Tender Ladder (Delta-1), Water Tender (Delta-3)
Cleveland retained stations
- Headland Water Tender (Juliet-3)
- Yarm Water Tender (Kilo-3)
Redcar & Cleveland:
- Guisborough Water Tender (Lima-3), Land Rover 4x4 Pump (Lima-4)
- Saltburn Water Tender Ladder (Mike-1), Ford Ranger 4x4 Pump (Mike-4)
- Skelton Water Tender Ladder (November-1)
- Loftus Water Tender (Oscar-3)
Cleveland Fire Brigade works in partnership with the North East Ambulance Service to provide emergency medical cover to areas of East Cleveland. These are areas that have been identified as having a greater need for ambulance cover. The aim of a co-responder team is to preserve life until the arrival of either a Rapid Response Vehicle (RRV) or an ambulance. The appliances are equipped with oxygen and automatic external defibrillation (AED) equipment.
Four Cleveland fire stations operate as co-responders:
- http://www.clevelandfire.gov.uk/EasySite/lib/serveDocument.asp?doc=2362&pgid=1491 Co-Responder Incidents April to June 2008