|Created by||Andrew Bourland and Ann Handley|
ClickZ is an online publication that provides news, how-to articles, commentary, and stats for digital marketing and online advertising professionals. It covers social media marketing, e-mail marketing, Web analytics, search engine marketing, digital video advertising, mobile marketing, and media planning and buying, and is considered a resource for online advertising practitioners.
Andrew Bourland and Ann Handley co-founded the site in 1997 to serve the then-nascent online marketing community with advice and commentary on e-mail, affiliate, and brand marketing. In 2000, they sold ClickZ to internet.com for $16 million in cash and stock. Internet.com then integrated it into its e-commerce/marketing channel, which included properties like Ad Resource, ChannelSeven.com, and Internet Advertising Report.
ClickZ's current publisher is Matt McGowan, and its executive editor is Anna Maria Virzi. Other members of its editorial team include Managing Editor/News Zach Rodgers, Senior Editor Kate Kaye, Managing Editor/Stats Enid Burns, Associate Editor and Copy Chief Erin Brenner, and Staff Reporter Jack Marshall. Its how-to articles and commentary, written by a team of 40 digital marketing practitioners, appear as Experts columns. Rebecca Lieb, editor-in-chief from 2000 to 2008, continues to write a column for the publication.
- Boston Public Library: "Advertising Resources on the Internet" Retrieved on 2009-05-30
- "ClickZ Q&A: Andrew Bourland, Publisher, ClickZ" ClickZ.com, Jan. 9, 1998. Retrieved on 2009-05-30
- Dinger, E.: "Jupitermedia Corporation" International Directory of Company Histories, 2004, Retrieved on 2009-05-30
- Rafat, Ali: "Jupitermedia Sells ClickZ, SES Show; Will Focus on Images" PaidContent, August 2, 2005
- American Society of Business Publication Editors, 30th Annual National Honors and Azbee Awards of Excellence  2008, p. 16
- Incisive Media (Feb. 3, 2009) "Incisive Media's ClickZ, Legal Times, Texas Lawyer and The American Lawyer Named as Finalists in Neal Journalism Award Competition" Press release. Retrieved on 2009-05-30