Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer
|Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Alex Gibney|
|Produced by||Alex Gibney
|Music by||Peter Nashel|
|Editing by||Plummy Tucker|
|Distributed by||Magnolia Pictures|
|Running time||118 minutes|
Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer is a documentary directed by Alex Gibney about former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer and the sex scandal that derailed his political career. It premiered at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival on April 24, 2010; on iTunes and Magnolia On Demand on October 1, 2010; and in movie theaters in limited release on November 5, 2010.
- "Angelina" – Escort, Co-Worker of Ashley Dupré at Emperors Club VIP (portrayed by Wrenn Schmidt)
- Mike Balboni – Deputy Secretary for Public Safety to Governor Spitzer
- Wayne Barrett – Senior Editor, The Village Voice
- Richard Beattie – Legal Counsel to the Independent Directors of AIG
- Zana Brazdek– Formerly of Emperors Club VIP
- Joe Bruno – NY Senate Majority Leader, 1994-2008
- David Brown – Former Staff Lawyer to Attorney General Spitzer
- Lloyd Constantine – Former Spitzer Advisor
- Fred Dicker – New York Post State Editor
- Darren Dopp – Communications Director to Attorney General Spitzer
- Peter Elkind – Author of Rough Justice: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer
- Karen Finley – Performance Artist
- Robert Graham – Former Gen Re Counsel
- Maurice “Hank” Greenberg – Former Chairman and CEO of AIG
- Noreen Harrington – Former Executive, Stern Asset Management
- Scott Horton – Professor, Columbia Law School
- John Houldsworth – Former CEO of Gen Re Subsidiary
- Ken Langone – Chairman and CEO of Invemed Associates
- Elizabet Monrad – Former CFO of Gen Re
- "Natalia" – Former Escort
- Jimmy Siegel – Media Consultant
- Kristian Stiles – National Finance Director to Eliot Spitzer
- Roger Stone – Political Consultant
- Cecil Suwal – Former CEO of Emperors Club VIP
- Hulbert Waldroup – Painter
- John Whitehead – Former Chairman Goldman Sachs
- "Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer," Box Office Mojo. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- Manohla Dargis, "The Really Strange Bedfellows That New York Politics Made," New York Times, November 4, 2010.
- Logan Hill, "Eliot Spitzer Doc Premieres at Tribeca: Joe Bruno, Ken Langone, and Roger Stone Dance on His Grave," New York, April 25, 2010.
- "‘Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer’ Trailer Debuts Online," Wall Street Journal, September 24, 2010.
- Andrew O'Hehir, "'Client 9': The Eliot Spitzer case: How we were bamboozled," Salon, November 3, 2010.
- Official website
- Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer at the Internet Movie Database
- Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer at Rotten Tomatoes