Cliff Bungalow, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Evan Woolley|
|• Total||0.3 km2 (0.1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,050 m (3,440 ft)|
|• Average Income||$35,576|
|Website||Cliff Bungalow Community Association|
Cliff Bungalow is an inner city residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. Centered along 5 Street SW, it is bordered by Elbow River to the south, by Uptown 17th Avenue to the north and by Fourth Street to the east.
Cliff Bungalow was developed on land owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway in the 1870s. It was mainly populated by CPR employees, due to the convenient distance from the district to CPR headquarters and railyards. The area was gradually annexed to the City of Calgary between 1906 and 1912. Cliff Bungalow was established in 1907 although the name "Cliff Bungalow" would not be applied until the 1970s. It was re-zoned in 1935 to allow for denser residential buildings.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $47,126 in 2005, and there were 20.4% low income residents living in the neighborhood. As of 2006, 16.7% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 91.5% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 72.2% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Western Canada High School.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Cliff Bungalow Community Social Statistics".
- Smart Calgary Homes. "The C.P.R.'s Influence on Calgary Neighbourhoods". Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- City of Calgary Planning (2005). "Cliff Bungalow Area Redevelopment Plan". Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary. "ocial Policy, Planning & Research". Unknown parameter
||Beltline (Connaught)||Beltline (Midtown)||Beltline (Victoria Park)|
|Elbow Park||Elbow River||Roxboro|