Clifford Martin Will
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)|
Will was born in Hamilton, Canada. In 1968, he earned a B.Sc. from McMaster University. At Caltech, he studied under Kip Thorne, earning his Ph.D. in 1971. He has taught at the University of Chicago and Stanford University, and in 1981 joined the faculty of Washington University in St. Louis. In 2012 he moved to a faculty position at the University of Florida.
Will's theoretical work has centered on Post-Newtonian expansions of approximate solutions to the Einstein field equation, a notoriously difficult area which forms the theoretical underpinnings essential for such achievements as the indirect verification by Russell Hulse and Joseph Taylor of the existence of gravitational radiation from observations of a binary pulsar.
Will's book reviewing experimental tests of general relativity is widely regarded as the essential resource for research in this area; his popular book on the same subject was listed by New York Times as one of the 200 best books published in 1986.
- Will, Clifford M.. "Was Einstein Right? Testing Relativity at the Centenary". arXiv:gr-qc/0504086.
- Will, Clifford M. (1993). Was Einstein right?: putting general relativity to the test. New York: Basic Books. ISBN 0-465-09086-9. (original publication date 1986)
- Will, Clifford M. (1981). Theory and experiment in gravitational physics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-23237-6.
- Will, Clifford M. "Autobiographical sketch". University of Florida.
- Clifford Martin Will at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Will, Clifford M. - CaltechTHESIS
- Clifford M. Will - John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
- "Will's website, Dept. of Physics, U. of Florida".
- Classical and Quantum Gravity
- Clifford Will Interview: Black holes - the (w)hole story
- Publications of Clifford Martin Will in the database SPIRES
- arXiv.org preprints for C. Will
- search on author Clifford Will from Google Scholar