|Born||Clifford Lawrence Meth|
In the early 1980s, Meth worked as a staff editor for Electronic Design while freelancing for the Los Angeles Times Entertainment Newswire, Fangoria, Starlog, Billboard and other periodicals.
By the mid-1980s Meth became involved with Chabad-Lubavitch yeshivas, but in 1994 the group's reaction to the death of its leader, The Lubavitcher Rebbe, Menachem Mendel Schneerson, led to Meth's disillusionment with the movement. Meth embarked on a fiction-writing career. One of his first published works was "I, Gezheh", which dealt with corruption in Chabad. Author Robert Bloch provided an afterword for the story, which was illustrated by Dave Cockrum.
With the aid of Cockrum and fantasy artist Gray Morrow, Meth co-founded Aardwolf Publishing along with partner Jim Reeber in 1994. The company published a series of comic books, art portfolios, and collections of illustrated fiction.
In 2004, Meth joined IDT Entertainment's Creative Development team. and worked on Showtime's Masters of Horror series and ABC's Masters of Science Fiction. In 2004, he was story editor for Gene Roddenberry's Starpoint Academy, an animated feature screenplay IDT hired Peter David to script. Meth left IDT Entertainment in 2006 when the division was sold to Liberty Media. In 2007 he oversaw the acquisition of IDW Publishing by IDT Corporation and joined IDW as executive vice president, editorial/strategies. The following year, producer Richard Saperstein optioned film rights to Meth's IDW horror comic-book series, Snaked, with Meth as screenwriter and an executive producer.
In 2008, Meth established the Dave & Paty Cockrum Scholarship at the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art. In 2010, Meth founded the Kars4Kids Literacy Program, which has made significant contributions to such universities as Seton Hall University.
- girl (chapbook) (Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 1983)
- Crib Death & Other Bedtime Stories (Aardwolf Publishing, 1995)
- This Bastard Planet (Aardwolf Publishing, 1995)
- The White Man Dancing (Aardwolf Publishing, 1996)
- Crawling From the Wreckage: The White Man Limping (Aardwolf Publishing, 1996)
- Crib Death: The Babysitter's Companion (Aardwolf Publishing, 1997)
- Perverts, Pedophiles & Other Theologians (Aardwolf Publishing, 1997)
- Conflicts of Disinterest (Aardwolf Publishing, 1998)
- Wearing The Horns (Aardwolf Publishing, 2003)
- god's 15 minutes (Aardwolf Publishing, 2004)
- METHo.d. (Aardwolf Publishing, 2006)
- Snaked (with Rufus Dayglo, IDW Publishing, 2007)
- One Small Voice (IDW Publishing, 2008)
- Meth, Colan & Other Theologians (Aardwolf Publishing, 2008)
- Billboards (IDW Publishing, 2009)
- Strange Kaddish (Aardwolf Publishing, 1996)
- Stranger Kaddish (Aardwolf Publishing, 1997)
- Heroes and Villains (with Neal Adams), (TwoMorrows Publishing, 2005)
- Balm in Gilead (Mahrwood Press, 2007)
- The Uncanny Dave Cockrum (Aardwolf Publishing, 2007)
- Nightwings by Robert Silverberg (IDW Publishing, New Classics of the Fantastic, 2008)
- Hothouse by Brian Aldiss (IDW Publishing, New Classics of the Fantastic, 2009)
- Dare by Philip Jose Farmer (IDW Publishing, New Classics of the Fantastic, 2009)
- Rogue Dragon by Avram Davidson (IDW Publishing, New Classics of the Fantastic, 2009)
- Lori by Robert Bloch (IDW Publishing, New Classics of the Fantastic, 2009)
- The Invincible Gene Colan (Marvel Entertainment, 2010)
- Introduction, God's 15 Minutes. Aardwolf Publishing (2003).
- Fairleigh Dickinson Magazine, Spring, 1980
- Meth, Clifford, Snaked (Introduction,), IDW Publishing, 2008. ISBN 1-60010-304-9, ISBN 978-1-60010-304-9
- Folio Magazine, October 1, 1991. article title? page #?
- Lorah, Michael C. "Clifford Meth on 'One Small Voice'", Newsarama, December 13, 2007
- This Bastard Planet. Aardwolf Publishing (1997).
- Meth, Clifford. "Stan Lee: Grand Master - Part Three", Comics Bulletin, 2004, n.d.
- Meth Addict, Update Delirious. Comics Bulletin (2004)
- David, Peter. "Gene Roddenberry's Starpoint Academy", PeterDavid.net, November 18, 2004.
- "Liberty Media to Acquire IDT Entertainment", IDT press release, May 16, 2006.
- Graser, Marc. "Saperstein takes on 'Snaked'", Variety, March 9, 2008)
- DeNardo, John. "IDW Announces New Science Fiction Line", SF Signal, August 29, 2008
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (August 2012)|
- Clifford Meth at the Comic Book DB
- Everyone's Wrong and I'm Right, The Clifford Meth Blog
- Clifford Meth : One Small Voice, Official website
- Cliff Meth's "Past Masters" column
- 5 Questions with Clifford Meth, Wizard (magazine) Official Website, May 15, 2008
- Clifford Meth on One Small Voice, Newsarama, December 13, 2007
- Horror Yearbook: Interview with Clifford Meth, Horror Yearbook, Dec. 13, 2007
- Interview with Clifford Meth and Rufus Dayglo regarding Snaked, Comics Bulletin, November 27, 2007
- Clifford Meth: Of Snakes and Paradigms, Comics Bulletin, October 10, 2007
- Crystal Meth: An Interview with Clifford Meth, Comics Bulletin, February 23, 2005
- Clifford Meth talks Cockrum Tribute and god's 15 Minutes, Comic Book Resources, March 30, 2004
- The SideKick Foundation: A New Friend to Creators in Need , Official blog October 9, 2011