Clinical Microbiology Reviews
|Clinical Microbiology Reviews|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Clin. Microbiol. Rev.|
|Edited by||Jo-Anne H. Young|
American Society for Microbiology (United States)
|Delayed, after 12 months|
Clinical Microbiology Reviews is a peer-reviewed academic journal covering microbiology and immunology. The journal's focus is pathogenesis, clinical pathology, epidemiology, and control of veterinary and human pathogens. It is a delayed open access journal, full content is accessible via PubMed Central and the journal's website after a 12 month embargo. It was established in January 1988 and has been published quarterly since. The founding editor was Josephine A. Morello (University of Chicago Medical Center). Editorial board structure changed in 1992 and Morello became editor-in-chief. Betty Ann Forbes (State University of New York) was appointed editor-in-chief in 1997. Jo-Anne H. Young's (University of Minnesota) term as editor-in-chief ends in 2017. It is the ninth journal established and published by the American Society for Microbiology. The title is commonly abbreviated CMR.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- BIOSIS Previews
- CAB Abstracts
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts
- Current Contents- Life Sciences
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- Food Science and Technology Abstracts
- Global Health
- Index Medicus/PubMed/MEDLINE/PubMed Central
- International Bibliography of Periodical Literature
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
- Morello, JA (April 1999). "Clinical Microbiology Reviews: Genesis of a journal". Clinical Microbiology Reviews 12 (2): 183–6. PMC 88913. PMID 10194455.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Clinical Microbiology Reviews". Ulrichsweb. ProQuest. Retrieved 2014-12-18. (subscription required (. ))
- "Serials cited". Global Health. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-27.
- "Clinical Microbiology Reviews". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Serials cited". Tropical Diseases Bulletin. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-27.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Microbiology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.