||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
Clive Parker (standing) 1975
|Also known as||CP, CP Snare|
|Born||1960 (age 54–55)|
|Labels||Rough Trade Records;
Hi-Note Music (English Garden);
Cherry Red Records;
Clive Parker (born 1960) also known as Clive Parker-Sharp, is a British drummer, active in the punk, post-punk and new wave genres. He was a member of the bands The Members, Spizzenergi/Athletico Spizz 80, Big Country, and Scary Thieves. He went on to play with John Moore (Jesus and Mary Chain.) in The Expressway.
Parker had his own bands The Planets, Lopez & the Waveriders, Kingfishers Catch Fire, Holy Trinity, Barra (Sony-ATV/English Garden Records), and electronic guitar duo Marshall Star. He went on to production and management, forming his own small record label (Furry Records UK)
From the age of nine, Parker played in local show bands and working men's club's (Frimley Green;Camberley). He also joined punk rock groups in Camberley, the Home Counties, and West London circuits, often as support band to groups like The Members, Eddie and the Hot Rods, and others who performed at The Moonlight Club in Hampstead, and Nashville Rooms in West Kensington.
In 1979, Parker joined Spizzenergi, after auditioning at a small rehearsal room in arches at Waterloo, London. Spizzenergi was a late 1970s punk rock/new wave band that changed its name several times during its existence. Alternative names including Spizzoil and Athletico Spizz 80.
In 1980, as Athletico Spizz 80, Parker played on the album, Do a Runner, which spent five weeks on the UK Albums Chart, peaking at number 27. The album was recorded and mixed at Berry Street studios in London over the spring bank holiday weekend, and featured Jim Solar, Mark Coalfield, and Dave Scott in the line up.
In 1980, the group appeared at the Futurama festival, along with Gary Glitter and Joy Division.[not in citation given] The festival, which was recorded for the film Urgh! A Music War, took place at Leeds Queens Hall.
In 1980, after signing with A&M Records, the band toured the United States with 999. During the tour, and with Solar, Spizz and Lu Edmonds from The Damned as the line up, they played the Palladium in New York City as support band to Siouxsie and the Banshees.
Parker toured with Spizz, extensively in Europe and the United States, in support of The Clash, The Only Ones, and the Human League. Support bands for Spizz tours included Tenpole Tudor, Altered Images, Department S, and The Mo-dettes. The band played a week of sold-out shows at London's Marquee Club, with a matinee for younger fans.
- Big Country
- Scary Thieves
- John Moore
Parker toured the UK with John Moore and Pop Will Eat Itself, Crazyhead, and Living Colour. Dates in the United States, in addition to solo appearances, included performances with My Bloody Valentine.
- Kingfishers Catch Fire
- 'Sex Drugs & Music-Hall'
2013-2014; Parker toured his show, ‘Sex Drugs & Music-Hall‘, the adaptation of his book ‘The Box’ which took a skewed view of UK cultural populist history; Bingo, and Music-Hall, using spoken-word, drama, and music, with Parker playing guitar, keyboards, and wood-blocks. This was played in unusual venues, such as Museums, Libraries, Almshouses, and some Theatres.
- Athletico Spizz 80: June 1980 "No Room" "Spock's Missing" Rough Trade
- Athletico Spizz 80: July 1980 "Hot Deserts" "Legal Proceedings" A&M
- Athletico Spizz 80: October 1980 "Central Park" "Central Park" (Dr. & Nurses dub version) A&M
- The Spizzles: February 1981 "Risk" "Melancholy" A&M
- The Spizzles: April 1981 "Dangers of Living" "Scared" A&M
- Scary Thieves
- "Tell Me Girl" (3:48)/"Only Fascination" (3:45) (7" Parlophone, 1984)
- "Tell Me Girl" (6:37)/"Tell Me Girl" (3:48)/"Only Fascination" (3:45) (12" Parlophone, 1984)
- "Dying In Vain" (3:11)/"Behind The Lines" (4:00) (7" Parlophone, 1985)
- "Dying In Vain" (Extended Version)/"Dying In Vain" (Remix)/"Behind The Lines" (12" Parlophone, 1985)
- "The Waiting Game" (Extended Version) (6:19)/"The Waiting Game" (Radio Version) (4:13)/"Live In Another Day" (2:55) (12" Parlophone, 1985) – first pressing with limited edition poster
- "Tell Me Girl" (Extended Version) (6:29)/"Tell Me Girl" (Radio Version) (3:54)/"Only Fascination" (3:45) (12" More Disco, 1994)
- Kingfishers Catch Fire
- "Radio Kampala"/"Bella"/"Battle Scars", 12" vinyl EP, 1986 Furry/Rough Trade
- "Blushing Red"/"Never Never", vinyl limited edition double A-side, 1987 Furry/Rough Trade
- Kasie Sharp
- "Pulling the Strings" (mixes by Stonebridge, Sharp Boys, Kamasutra), Undiscovered, 1996
- One Horse Man
- "Fuego"/"Bamba Generation", double A-side 12" vinyl, Royal/Arcade
- Marshall Star
- "Get On"/"Heaven Help Me", 2000, Furry, promo CD and download only
- "Any Second Now"/"Dream On", double A-side vinyl, Furry, 2003
- Do a Runner (as Athletico Spizz 80) (July 1980: A&M)
- Spikey Dream Flowers (as The Spizzles) (April 1981: A&M)
- Do a Runner (as Athletico Spizz 80) (February 2014; Furry Records UK) - Touched, New Species, Intimate, Effortless, European Heroes, Energy Crisis, Red and Black, Rhythm Inside, Personimpersonator, Clocks are Big, Airships, Brainwashing Time, Five Year Mission, Dangers of Living, Robot Holiday, Soldier Soldier, Downtown, Risk, Central Park, Melancholy, Scared 
- Big Country
- 'Rarities IV' TRA1037 (October 2003) - Lost Patrol, The Crossing, Echoes, Wake 
- 'And... in the Beginning', KCF116 (December 2012) - Lost Patrol 4:20, Wake 4:18, The Crossing 4:21, Echoes 3:20, BBC Radio Interview 0:42, Echoes 6:23, Inwards 3:56, Lost Patrol 5:58, Balcony 5:13, Round & Round 6:16, Close Action 3:20, Porrohman 5:21, The Crossing 7:18, Heart & Soul 4:53, Harvest Home 3:57, Angle Park 4:14 
- Scary Thieves
- Scary Thieves - FURRY RECORDS April 2015 catalogue No. KCF118  – Inside the Night (3:46)/ Game of Love (4:19)/ Tell Me Girl (3:57)/ The Waiting Game (4:27)/ Halloween (3:08)/ Live In Another Day (2:55)/ Dying In Vain (3:17)/ Fascination (3:45)/ Somebody Somewhere (3:54)/ Thieves of Virtue (5:19)/ Behind the Lines (4:09)/ Dying in Vain (Single Edit) (3:25)/ The Waiting Game (Extended) (6:15)/ Dying in Vain (Extended) (5:80)/ Tell me Girl (Extended) (6:35)/ Dying in Vain (Remix) (5:08)
- Eternal Magus – English Garden/Hi-Note Music, (Sony-ATV) 2002  - Eternal Magus, Gifts for Violet, Gnosis, Green Man, Journey, Palestine, Seafever, Universe, Battlescars, Badda, Never Never, Silverman, Blushing Red, Power of Three, Seafever [version 2]
- Marshall Star 
- Uncontrollable – Furry KCF 114, 2004; Everybody, Fallen Angel, Wish I, My Love, Never met a Man, Love is All, Dream On, Will you (turn it up), Superstar, Sweet Sensation, Never Mind
- Cosmos – Furry KCF 115, 2008; Goodbye Truly, Hopes & Aspirations, Indiana, The Pleasure Seekers, A promise for Tomorrow, The Visionary, Slipped Away, Keep it Up, Seagull, The Dotted Line, My Last Goodbye, Take Me
- Spizz History (November 1983: Rough Trade)
- The Peel Sessions (February 1987: Strange Fruit)
- Unhinged (March 1994: Damaged Goods)
- Spizz Not Dead Shock: A Decade of Spizz History 1978 – '88 (May 1996: Cherry Red)
- Where's Captain Kirk (May 2002: Cherry Red)
- Urgh! A Music War (October 1989: A&M Records)
- Various – New Wave Soft Class-X 1 (AS5085: Antler Subway)
- Ausweis – Ausweis - Red And Black (Spizzenergi) (Paris - Théâtre De L'Eldorado Concert WW - 30/03/84) (No.13: V.I.S.A)
- Scary Thieves;
- December 84 – Previews (1984) – Tell Me Girl 12"
- Hardest Hits Volume One (1991) – The Waiting Game 12"
- Hardest Hits Volume Two (1992) – Tell Me Girl 12"
- Techno Pop 2 (Contraseña 1998) – Tell Me Girl 12"
- Deejay Time Colour (EMI – 2605951) – Tell Me Girl 12"
- Kasie Sharp
- Full On House, 1997, (featuring mixes by Fat Boy Slim)
- http://www.discogs.com/label/1614-Arcade. Retrieved 2015-01-21. Missing or empty
- http://www.discogs.com/label/216764-Furry-Records. Retrieved 2015-01-21. Missing or empty
- http://www.discogs.com/label/151373-English-Garden. Retrieved 2015-01-21. Missing or empty
- http://www.undiscovered.co.uk/. Retrieved 2015-01-21. Missing or empty
- "The Jesus and Mary Chain Snakedriver Live House of Blues San Diego 6-17-12". YouTube. 2012-06-18. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "John Moore and The Expressway. Live From Death Row". YouTube. 2010-02-22. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- http://www.discogs.com/artist/2223181-Barra. Retrieved 2015-01-21. Missing or empty
- "Seagull By Marshall Star". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Kasie Sharp Discography at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "One Horse Man - Fuego / Bamba Generation (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "the warm heart of London the true heart of quality publishing. - Home". Strand Publishing. 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- [dead link]
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 32. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Leeds, UK. "Futurama 2 Festival 1980 | Futurama 2 Festival 1980 Line-up and Posters". Songkick. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Joy Division concert 8th September 1979: Futurama One Festival, Queen's Hall, Leeds". Joydiv.org. 1979-09-08. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Kaleidoscope Tour". Thebansheesandothercreatures.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Spizz Energi – Discover music, videos, concerts, stats, & pictures at". Last.fm. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Big Country Biography". Absolute Radio. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Nik Kershaw — London — Hammersmith Apollo — 29 December 1984". Songkick. 1984-12-29. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- http://www.bexhillmuseum.co.uk/events-10/sex-drugs-music-hall-150.html. Retrieved 2015-01-22. Missing or empty
- http://ramsgatetown.org/things-to-do/ramsgate-events/events.aspx?p=104405. Retrieved 2015-01-22. Missing or empty
- "Radio 1 - Keeping It Peel - Athletico Spizz 80". BBC. 1980-04-30. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Music Showcase - Last Chance - Athletico Spizz 80 - Archive session (1980)". BBC. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- http://www.discogs.com/artist/1783752-Athletico-Spizz-80. Retrieved 2015-01-21. Missing or empty
- "Athletico Spizz 80 | Do a Runner | CD Baby Music Store". Cdbaby.com. 2014-04-01. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- [dead link]
- "Big Country | And... in the Beginning | CD Baby Music Store". Cdbaby.com. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/scarythieves. Retrieved 2015-01-21. Missing or empty
- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halloween-Scary-Thieves/dp/B00V8UMIYW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1428564367&sr=1-1&keywords=scary+thieves. Retrieved 2015-01-21. Missing or empty
- http://www.discogs.com/artist/2222713-Marshall-Star. Retrieved 2015-01-21. Missing or empty