||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
27 March 1964 |
Oldham, Lancashire, England
|Years active||1997 - Present|
Clive Rowe (27 March 1964, Oldham, Lancashire) is a British actor, probably best known for his role as Norman "Duke" Ellington in BBC Children's drama The Story of Tracy Beaker. Rowe grew up in Shaw, Lancashire, in the parish of East Crompton and attended St. James Primary School. He is a graduate of the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
More recently, he appeared on the BBC1 drama All The Small Things, portraying "Clifford Beale", a homeless caretaker, more commonly known as "Shrek". He is known as being a gentle character with a good voice and loved by most.[peacock term] picture of Clive Rowe
Rowe won the 1997 Olivier Award for Best Performance in a Supporting Role in a Musical for his role as "Nicely Nicely Johnson" in the National Theatre revival of Guys and Dolls. He was also nominated for an Olivier Award for his role in 2008’s Mother Goose at the Hackney Empire. He was called one of the best Dames in the business when he appeared on BBC One's Breakfast News on 10 December 2009. He starred in the pantomime Aladdin at the Hackney Empire from November 2009 to January 2010 and in Jack and the Beanstalk from November 2010.
He appeared as "Judas Iscariot" opposite Dave Willetts' "Jesus" in a touring version of Jesus Christ Superstar. He also voiced "Audrey 2" in the UK tour of Little Shop of Horrors. He frequently plays the Dame in the annual Christmas pantomime at the Hackney Empire. He also starred as the lion and Uncle Henry in a theatre production of 'The Wiz' a black version of the Wizard of Oz in 2011
In September and October 2011, Rowe played Osterberg, Monty Python's lawyer in Steve Thompson's "No Naughty Bits" at the Hampstead Theatre. Since November 2011, Rowe has been playing 'One-Round' in The Ladykillers at The Gielgud Theatre, London.
Clive Rowe also played one of the debt collectors in The Old Vic's production of Kiss Me, Kate. He played this role in winter 2012/13.
In the middle of 2013 through till February 2014 Rowe played King Darius in Tori Amos's musical production of The Light Princess, at the Lyttelton Theatre (National).
- * All the Small Things (2009) TV series .... Clifford 'Shrek' Beale
- Doctor Who .... Morvin Van Hoff (1 episode "Voyage of the Damned", 2007)
- Shoot the Messenger (2006) .... Rev. Wilson
- Manderlay (2005) .... Sammy
- Tracy Beaker Parties with Pudsey (2004) (TV) .... Duke
- Tracy Beaker's Movie of Me (2004) (TV) .... Duke
- Dalziel and Pascoe .... Vince Kilcline (1 episode, 2004)
- The Story of Tracy Beaker .... Duke (33 episodes, 2002–2005)
- Doctors .... Barry Coombes (1 episode, 2004)
- The Honeytrap (2002) .... Clinic Doctor
- American Voices (2001) TV series .... Moses Austen
- Remember The Titans (2000) ... One of the Titans who likes Motown
- Harry Hill .... Deep South Guy (6 episodes, 2000)
- The Perfect Blue (1997) .... Flashback Date No. 3
- Company (1996) (TV) .... Harry
- Paper Mask (1990) .... Ants
- The Bill .... Spink (1 episode, 1989)
- After the War .... Black (1 episode, 1989)
- Doctor Who Confidential .... Himself (1 episode, 2007)
- The Lesley Garrett Show .... Himself (2 episodes, 2001)
- Newsround, Episode dated 18 December 2007 (uncredited) .... Morvin Van Hoff
- "Laurence Olivier Awards: Past Winners". Official London Theatre Guide. Society of London Theatre. Retrieved 20 July 2007.
- "Reviews: Twelfth Night". The Stage. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "No Naughty Bits". The Stage. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- "Crackers or Turkeys? - Festive Picks 2011-12". What's on Stage. Retrieved 7 December 2011.