Closer to Truth
|Closer to Truth: Cosmos. Consciousness. God.|
|Created by||Robert Lawrence Kuhn|
|Written by||Robert Lawrence Kuhn|
|Directed by||Peter Getzels|
|Presented by||Robert Lawrence Kuhn|
|Theme music composer||Joseph Schwantner|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Robert Lawrence Kuhn|
|Production company(s)||The Kuhn Foundation, in association with Getzels Gordon Productions|
|Closer to Truth Website|
Closer to Truth is a continuing television series on PBS and public television originally created, produced and hosted by Robert Lawrence Kuhn. The first premiere series aired in 2000 for 2 seasons, followed by a second series aired in 2003 for a single season.
The third series of the program, Closer to Truth: Cosmos. Consciousness. God., launched in 2008, with 13 full seasons to date. See List of Closer to Truth episodes. Robert Lawrence Kuhn is the creator, executive producer, writer and presenter of the series. Peter Getzels is the co-creator and producer/director.
The show is centered on on-camera conversations with leading scientists, philosophers, theologians, and scholars, covering a diverse range of topics or questions from the cause, size and nature of the universe (or multiverse), to the mystery of consciousness and the notion of free will, to the existence and essence of God. The show's web site features also conversations additional to those that have been broadcast on TV.
Notable Featured Guests
Many well-known intellectuals have been featured on Closer to Truth. They include: Simon Blackburn, Sean Carroll, David Chalmers, Francis Collins, Robin Collins, William Lane Craig, Paul Davies, William Dembski, Daniel Dennett, Freeman Dyson, Alan Guth John Hick, Subhash Kak, Michio Kaku, Christof Koch, Lawrence Krauss, Ray Kurzweil, Brian Leftow, Andrei Linde, Rodolfo Llinas, Marvin Minsky, Seyyed Hossein Nasr, Roger Penrose, Alvin Plantinga, John Polkinghorne, Martin Rees, John Searle, Huston Smith, Leonard Susskind, Richard Swinburne, Max Tegmark, Peter van Inwagen, Stephen Weinberg, Frank Wilczek, and Stephen Wolfram.
- "Closer to Truth". Wgbh.org. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Closer to Truth schedule on MPTV". Mptv.org. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Colorado Public Television, Denver PBS, CPT12 (Formerly KBDI)". Cpt12.org. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- MENU. "Closer to Truth on Alabama Public Television". Apthd.com. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Robert Lawrence Kuhn « The Chopra Foundation". Choprafoundation.org. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Reel Life - Bethesda Magazine - September-October 2013 - Bethesda, MD". Bethesda Magazine. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Closer to Truth | KQED Public Media for Northern CA". Kqed.org. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Science & Religion Today: We're Getting "Closer to Truth"". Scienceandreligiontoday.blogspot.com. 2008-09-10. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- Luke Muehlhauser (2009-06-05). "Closer to Truth". Commonsenseatheism.com. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Content Guide". Closer to Truth. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- Current, Edward (2012-04-09). "Biocentricity.net: Paul Davies Gets It Right". Biocentricity.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- Smart, David (13 September 2009). "Closer to Truth: Into God". The Aristophrenium. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "What Does an Expanding Universe Mean?". Science and Religion Today. 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Subhash Kak". Closer to Truth. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Christof Koch". PsychLectures. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "» Ray Kurzweil on Closer to Truth EbonGeek". Ebongeek.com. 2011-07-12. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Just How Vast is the Cosmos? | The BioLogos Forum". Biologos.org. 2009-06-26. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Series - "Closer to Truth" What is a Properly Basic Belief? (Alvin Plantinga) â€" Intelligent Faith 315". Intelligentfaith315.com. 2011-12-12. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- manwithoutqualities (2009-12-10). "Closer to Truth: Consciousness |". Manwithoutqualities.com. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "The Universes of Max Tegmark". Space.mit.edu. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- Logan, Ian (2009-11-10). "The Saint Anselm Blog: Closer to Truth, except in the case of Anselm". Anselm2009.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-06-17.