Clothed female, naked male
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
Clothed female, naked (or nude) male (sometimes abbreviated to CFNM) is a genre of erotica featuring one or more nude men and one or more clothed women. It is sometimes described as a sexual fantasy, by women or men, depicting an exhibitionist or physique worship scenario. One-sided male nudity can also arise when a male disrobes as part of a male striptease. In porn, CFNM often includes the clothed female taking on the role of a dominatrix towards the nude male.
Portrayal of male nudity
In classical antiquity, the portrayal of nude male form in art (including the exposure of genitals) was considered to be more acceptable than that of the naked female form. By the renaissance, this view had reversed. For example, in Titian's treatment of Perseus and Andromeda in mid-1550s, it is Andromeda who is nude—save for the barest wisp of fabric—while Perseus is clothed in armour.
Depictions of nudity were acceptable to the 19th-century French salon culture if the setting was clearly "classical", depicting characters in a culture where nudity was commonplace, as in Combat de coqs (1847) by Jean-Léon Gérôme.
Sexual objectification of men by women
Feminist authors Christina Hoff Sommers and Naomi Wolf have written[where?] that women's sexual liberation has led many women to a role reversal, whereby they view men as sex objects, in a manner similar to what they criticize in men's treatment of women.
- Simon Goldhill (2005). Love, sex & tragedy how the ancient world shapes our lives. University Of Chicago Press. ISBN 978-0-226-30119-8.
- Sommers, Christina Hoff. 1994. Who Stole Feminism? How Women Have Betrayed Women. New York. Simon and Schuster (pp.264-265), ISBN 0-671-79424-8 (hc), ISBN 0-684-80156-6 (pb)
- Wolf, Naomi. 1994. Fire With Fire: The New Female Power and How to Use It. New York: Fawcett Columbine (pp.225-228), ISBN 0-449-90951-4.
- Friend, Tad. Yes (feminist women who like sex) Esquire. February 1994
- Media related to Clothed female, nude male at Wikimedia Commons