From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clothier may refer to one of the following professions:
- Tailor – the most common modern usage
- Cloth merchant
- A cloth manufacturer – see cloth production
- A clothing store
- Spin doctor or liar, in reference to whole cloth, the fictitious material from which fabrications are made.
As a surname, Clothier may refer to one of the following individuals:
- Cecil Clothier aka Sir Cecil Montacute 'Spike' Clothier KCB QC (August 28, 1919 – May 8, 2010) an English judge
- Henry William Clothier (3 April 1872 – 11 March 1938), a British electrical engineer and inventor.
- Hurshul Clothier (1922–2006), American western swing band musician and bandleader
- Robert Clothier (1921–1999), Canadian stage and television actor
- Robert Clothier (Australian politician) aka Robert Ernest Clothier (1877 – 31 May 1964), an Australian politician
- Robert Clarkson Clothier (1885–1970), president of Rutgers University 1932–1951 and president of the New Jersey Constitutional Convention of 1947
- William Clothier (1881–1962), American tennis player
- William H. Clothier (1903–1996), American cinematographer
- Strawbridge & Clothier was a Philadelphia and later NE department store
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.