Cloud 9 (film)
Cloud 9 is a 2006 American sports comedy film starring Burt Reynolds that was written and produced by Brett Hudson, Burt Kearns and Academy Award-winning producer (The Godfather, Million Dollar Baby) Albert S. Ruddy. It was the last comedy in which Reynolds reprised and updated his role as the charming rascal made legendary in films like The Longest Yard and Smokey and the Bandit.
The film was never released to cinemas; instead, it went straight to DVD by 20th Century Fox Entertainment on January 3, 2006, and distributed on DVD around the world in territories including India, Japan, Poland, Brazil, Greece and Thailand.
Reynolds plays a down and out sports promoter living in a trailer in Malibu, California, who turns his luck around after he has the brainstorm of starting up a beach volleyball team composed of strippers.
- Burt Reynolds as Billy Cole.
- D.L. Hughley as Tenspot.
- Paul Rodriguez as Wong.
- Angie Everhart as Julie.
- Paul Wesley as Jackson Fargo.
- Gabrielle Reece as Christina Hansen.
- Katheryn Winnick as Olga.
- Marnette Patterson as Crystal.
- Kenya Moore as Champagne.
- Patricia De Leon as Corazon.
- Gary Busey as Himself.
- Tony Danza as Himself.
- Tom Arnold as Himself.
- Bruce Bruce as Himself.
- Luis Chávez as Carlos.
- Rick Overton as Buckner.
- Pat Finn as Big Dan Weiner.
- Jeff Altman as Drunk Lawyer.
- Chris Coppola as Chris.
- Ken Garito as Tommy Z.
- John Caponera as Announcer #1.
- Roger Behr as Announcer #2.
- Casey Hendershot as Thug #1.
- Scott Wilder as Thug #2.
- Steve Monroe as Steve.
- "Cloud 9 / Nine review (2006) Burt Reynolds - Qwipster's Movie Reviews". Qwipster.net. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- "Cloud 9 Around The World!". Frozenpictures.com. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- Why Does It Exist?. "Cloud 9 (2006) « Why Does It Exist?". Whydoesitexist.com. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- Cloud 9 at IMDb
- Cloud 9 Oscar connections
- "Cloud 9 nails immigration issue"
- Qwipster's review of Cloud 9
- Photo gallery of Cloud 9 releases around the world
- Cloud 9 movie trailer
- Making of Cloud 9 DVD featurette: "Burt Reynolds Fight Club: "Directing A Rumble"
- Editing Cloud 9
- On Cloud 9: A conversation with Brett Hudson & Burt Kearns
- Cloud 9: Why Does It Exist?
- Paul Wesley's 'Burt Reynolds volleyball' movie: Watch the trailer!
|This film article about a 2000s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|