|Industry||Cloud Services Brokerage|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Number of locations||Offices throughout the United States, Australia, India, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom|
|Services||Advisory services, License Management, Cloud Implementation, Cloud Support and Education, Mobile application development, Data Integration|
Cloud Sherpas is a global cloud advisory and technology services company. It provides cloud strategy, implementation and integration capabilities to clients, including Fortune 500 companies, across a variety of industries. Cloud Sherpas is a salesforce.com Global Strategic Cloud Alliance Partner, the three-time Google Enterprise Partner of the Year for Google Apps  and the first ServiceNow partner to reach Preferred Partner Status. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Cloud Sherpas has over 900 employees and offices in the United States, Australia, India, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
Cloud Sherpas solidified its position as a leading cloud services brokerage in 2012 when it merged with salesforce.com Platinum Partner, GlobalOne, to form a new entity under the Cloud Sherpas name. Earlier, Cloud Sherpas entered the Asia-Pacific market through its purchase of New Zealand-based WaveAdept. In 2013, Cloud Sherpas acquired Navigis, a well-established IT service management company and channel partner of ServiceNow. As a result of this acquisition, Cloud Sherpas won more than 300 ServiceNow customers, including Juniper Networks, Equinix, REI, Synaptics, Sephora and Gymboree. Later that year, Cloud Sherpas set up its presence in the European market by acquiring London-based Stoneburn Software Services.
Other key acquisitions include:
- Innoveer Solutions (January 2013): A CRM software provider with a particular emphasis on Salesforce.
- CloudTrigger (December 2012): A California-based cloud solution consultancy focused on implementation and customization of cloud based CRM solutions.
- Devnet (July 2011): A Google Apps reseller headquartered in Brisbane.
- Beloit Solutions Group: (July 2011): A Google Apps cloud services provider from Kansas.
- Omnetic (June 2011): A San Francisco-based Google Apps solution provider.
Cloud Advisory: Cloud Sherpas’ Advisory Services help businesses identify solutions for their organizational needs, procure business sponsorship, effectively implement cloud technology and achieve high levels of user adoption.
Cloud Integration: Cloud Sherpas’ experts help organizations maximize the value of their cloud solutions by integrating essential business systems and add-on technologies to allow for a seamless working experience.
Sales Force Automation: Cloud Sherpas’ CRM services help organizations improve the effectiveness of their sales activities. It offers comprehensive services around sales force automation, covering everything from advisory services to implementation and change management.
Customer Service and Contact Center Automation: Cloud Sherpas’ customer service and contact center automation services are designed to help clients implement CRM to improve customer interactions for both service agents and customers. Its services span the entire process from the initial assessment to implementation and change management.
Marketing Automation: Cloud Sherpas’ marketing automation services help companies implement and adopt cloud CRM to improve customer lists, campaigns and lead qualities and to inform marketing processes with best practices.
Analytics and Intelligence: Cloud Sherpas helps clients tap into powerful data with leading analytics tools. The Cloud Sherpas approach focuses on data strategy, data integrations and data quality, helping organizations maximize the value of their business intelligence.
Custom Development on Force.com: Force.com is a cloud-based PaaS solution from salesforce.com that enables users to build apps and integrate them with other solutions without any hardware. Cloud Sherpas’ developers build custom applications on the Force.com platform that support CRM solutions.
Mobile Solutions: Cloud Sherpas’ mobility services offerings include mobile strategy and roadmap workshops, UI/UX services and salesforce.com Touch/Visualforce options.
Enterprise Collaboration: Cloud Sherpas’ Collaboration Specialists help plan, manage, execute and support the transition to technologies like Google Drive, Google Docs and custom intranets that enable employees to stay better connected. 
Enterprise Search: Cloud Sherpas’ Google Search Appliance (GSA) Quick Start implementation uses Google Enterprise Search to help businesses unlock the value of their information, assets and knowledge. It also provides custom search solutions like Cloud Sherpas’ Enterprise Search that helps businesses improve their findability, usability and security of critical information.
Geospatial Intelligence: Cloud Sherpas’ geospatial cloud platforms of expertise include Google Maps for Business and G2Maps. With geospatial applications, companies can visualize customer data on a map, improve route planning and enhance insight into key data. Cloud Sherpas helps organizations meet their geospatial intelligence needs by providing assistance in developing custom maps and integrating geospatial applications with CRM.
IT Service Management & EXCELerators: Cloud Sherpas’ ITSM services span from implementation and training to ongoing support. Cloud Sherpas developed pre-packaged best practice sets called CMS EXCELerators that are designed to speed adoption and reduce ongoing ServiceNow administration.
Enterprise Discovery: Cloud Sherpas uses ServiceNow’s agentless Discovery application ‘Enterprise Discovery’ to help companies accurately represent all of their IT assets and capabilities.
ServiceNow Orchestration: ServiceNow Orchestration automates simple or complex multi-system tasks, such as virtual machine management and storage administration on remote servers, that are normally done manually.
PaaS and Custom Application Development: Cloud Sherpas uses ServiceNow’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) to develop custom applications that extend the functionality of ServiceNow beyond IT to other areas of business. 
ServiceNow Virtual Admin: For reasons ranging from loss of personnel to a backlog of requests, many organizations often need additional help managing the ServiceNow platform. Cloud Sherpas’ Virtual Admin services provide organizations with a dedicated resource to address any duties of a ServiceNow System Administrator.
ServiceNow Training: As a ServiceNow Authorized Training Partner, Cloud Sherpas is certified to teach every class ServiceNow offers. ServiceNow’s training solutions are designed to match customers' skill levels, learning styles and schedules. A comprehensive catalog of instructor-led and virtual classrooms and self-paced, online learning programs include real-world scenarios to give customers practical experience. 
Cloud Sherpas received a $40 million Series B Venture Capital financing from Greenspring Associates, Queensland Investment Corporation, Columbia Capital and Delta-V Capital in 2012. According to CrunchBase, Cloud Sherpas has received $42.6 Million in debt and equity financing to date.
- Cloud Sherpas appeared twice on the Inc.500 list, which features the fastest growing privately-held companies in the United States. Cloud Sherpas ranked #142 in 2013 and #458 in 2014
- Cloud Sherpas ranked #68 on the Inc Hire Power Awards 2013 list. According to Inc, the firm created over 50,000 jobs in a span of 18 months.
- Google named Cloud Sherpas its Enterprise Partner of the Year for three consecutive years in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution recognized Cloud Sherpas among the Top Workplaces in Atlanta in the small-sized employers category in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Cloud Sherpas is a three-time winner of the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Pacesetter Award, earning the top spot in 2014. Chris Arroyo, CFO of Cloud Sherpas, was also honored by the Atlanta Business Chronicle in 2014, winning CFO Of The Year in the medium-sized private company category.
- The Atlanta Business Chronicle ranked Cloud Sherpas #33 on its Best Places to Work list in 2011.
- In 2012, Cloud Sherpas ranked #1 on the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Atlanta list of fastest growing companies in the lower middle-market category.
- TalkinCloud.com identified Cloud Sherpas among the Top 100 Cloud Service Providers at #39 in 2013 and #27 in 2014.
- CRN Magazine has featured Cloud Sherpas on its Solution Provider 500 list twice (#236 in 2013 and #160 in 2014). In 2013, Cloud Sherpas also earned the top spot on the CRN Fast Growth 150, followed by a #4 spot in 2014.
- "Cloud Sherpas". CrunchBase. 2012-12-20. Retrieved 2013-11-07.