From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clovis may refer to:
- Clovis (given name), the early medieval (Frankish) form of the name Louis.
- Clovis I (c. 466 – 511), the first king of the Franks to unite all the Frankish tribes under one ruler
- Clovis II (637 – c. 658), king of Neustria and Burgundy
- Clovis III (reigned 675–676), king of Austrasia
- Clovis IV (682–695), sole king of the Franks from 691 until 695
- Clovis (died 580), son of Chilperic I and Audovera, assassinated by his father and stepmother
- Clovis, California
- Clovis Unified School District, serving Clovis and Fresno
- Clovis, New Mexico
- Clovis culture, the Paleo Indian culture of North America that appears in the archaeological record of North America approximately 13,500 to 13,000 years ago
- Clovis point, the oldest flint tools associated with the North American Clovis culture
- Clovis comet, a hypothetical comet impact event in North America around 12,900 years ago which is argued to have caused the end of the Clovis culture and the extinction of many large mammals
- Clovis Dardentor, 1896 fiction novel by French writer Jules Verne
- Clovis Sangrail, a character in the short stories of Saki, named because he was "so appallingly frank"
- Clovis, the main antagonist in the 1997 Blade Runner video game
- Clovis la Britannia, a character in the anime series Code Geass
- Clovis Crawfish the lead character in the book series Clovis the Crawfish
- Picture Gallery of the Paleolithic (reconstructional palaeoethnology), Libor Balák at the Czech Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Archaeology in Brno, The Center for Paleolithic and Paleoethnological Research
- Clovis High School (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.