||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (July 2014)|
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2014)|
|Headquarters||Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Slogan(s)||Don't be limited. Get your head in the Clowds.|
|Type of site||Media sharing site|
|Registration||Required, Use of Facebook identity is an option|
|Launched||April 2013 (Invite only), October 2013 (Live)|
|Current status||Active (Servers are currently up)|
Clowdy is an online media sharing platform that allows the sharing of film, music and photographs all in the same place. It has no upload limits and removes the common restriction of only allowing one media type on the site by encouraging quality creative content regardless of format. A Clowd is a "digital store of your song, video, photo or file".
The site serves the same interface and platform for both of its users, namely artists (musicians, artists, photographers, animators), allowing for publishing and consuming content. Clowdy users have the ability to Re-Clowd films, music or photos that they find interesting. They also can follow other users of the site and this forms the backbone of the sharing element of the site. Each user will see a different 'Home' page dependent upon who they are following. The site is free of advertisements.
It officially opened its doors in April 2013 under an invite only basis, but went fully live in October of that year. It is run by the former owners of YouTorrent citing "...the stigmatisation of the word torrent proved a hurdle that was too hard to overcome when trying to build a legitimate and legal platform." Clowdy's office is located in the Corn Exchange, Manchester.
- "Clowdy.com Server Status Check". isitdownrightnow.com. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "What is a Clowd?". Clowdy. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "How to Re-Clowd a Clowd". Clowdy Blog. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "How to become a recommended follower". Clowdy Blog. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Youtorrent is changing". Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Clowdy for mobile". Clowdy. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Student film-makers vying for votes in movie competition". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "‘Bonkers’ film wins national competition". University of Portsmouth News. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Interview: Creative Business Cup UK Winner and Clowdy.com Co-Founder Stuart Logan". Creative England. Retrieved 15 August 2014.