Club Alpbach Croatia
Club Alpbach Croatia (Croatian: Klub Alpbach Hrvatska; abbreviation: KAH) is a non profit organisation in Croatia, registered with the Croatian non-governmental organisation with registration number 21005860. Founded in January 2008, it is headquartered in the Capital city of Zagreb. It is an associate member of the European Forum Alpbach(EFA)through the EFA Network. The club is supported by a large number of organizations, private and national bodies and different legal entities as well as the President of the Republic of Croatia Dr. Sc. Ivo Josipović.
The Club's goals are:
- Promotion and dissemination of key ideas, goals and values of the "European Forum Alpbach".
- Promotion of the value and importance of education among young people in Croatia.
- Promotion of peace and stability through democratic dialogue and liberal open discussions.
- Encouraging national and international cooperation and exchange.
- Encouraging citizens' involvement in the Croatian social life.
The Club’s activities are:
- Establishing cooperation and collaboration with national and international private or state universities, organizations, public institutions and other legal entities.
- Initiation of studies, organization of conferences, reunions, forums, training sessions, workshops and summer school.
- Fundraising and providing scholarships for young people to participate in the European Forum Alpbach.
- Promotion of the scholarship project across Croatia (European Forum Alpbach annually provides for approximately 500 scholarships to young people from all over Europe).
Every two or three months, the club hosts "small talks", educational and critical discussions on relevant topics of public interest in Croatia, Europe and the rest of the world. These talks are open-ended, with questions and comments welcomed from listeners to the panel of domestic and foreign interdisciplinary professionals who lead the talks. The aim is to "dissect" and demystify the topics that are currently in the pipeline and of concern to the public, in a manner more appealing to young people.
Specific events and activities sponsored by the club have included the 2011 regional conference "Proactivity", held in Zagreb from 15 April to 17 April 2011 under the auspices of the President of the Republic of Croatia, Ivo Josipović. The conference featured panel discussions and lectures on various related topics. In 2012, the Club Alpbach Croatia hosted Speakers' Night 2012, with the support of the Europe House Zagreb and Croatian Debate Society. This was a one-evening competition in public speaking in the Croatian language in June 2012, around the theme "Expectations - the Future of the Young".
In 2013, the club is planning to host, in conjunction with the Austrian Cultural Forum in Zagreb, an international conference entitled "Europe Joins Croatia" to mark Croatia’s accession to the European Union. The conference will be held in various locations around Zagreb with events to include the Simulation of the European Council Summit, Film screenings, talks, EuroXhibition, panel discussion and clubbing. Open to the public, there is no admission fee for the event.
Members of the club are people between 20 and 35 years with the medical, legal, economic and mathematical professional background. Members can have one of three states: active members, associate members and honorary members.
The candidates for a membership should:
- Be interested in volunteer work throughout the year (active members) or to work on only certain projects at home and abroad (associate members).
- Be interested in projects of social significance which are primarily focused towards young people.
- Be interested in improving their knowledge and creativity.
- Be open to new friendships and building personal network at home and abroad.
As of this edit, this article uses content from "official website", which is licensed in a way that permits reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, but not under the GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed.
- Article 1. of the Club's Statute that entered into force in January 2013.
- Support of the Croatian National Bank
- Article 4. of the Club's Statute that entered into force in January 2013.
- Article 5. of the Club's statute that entered in force in January 2013
- Announcement from the Society’s site, link: http://www.hdd.hr/o-nama/novosti/97-prijavi-se-na-speakers-night
- Article in the newspaper Vecernji list, link: http://www.vecernji.hr/vijesti/pomozi-ziriju-odabiru-najboljeg-govornika-zabavi-se-uzivaj-clanak-422407
- See website: http://www.croenergo.eu/Mladi-su-spremni-za-Europu!-13194.aspx
- Article 11. of the Club's statute that entered in force in January 2013.
- Club Alpbach Croatia
- Facebook page of the Club Alpbach Croatia
- Limun.hr - article about Regional Meeting 2011
- Limun.hr - article about Small Talk: Croatia and neighbors - can stereotypes be changed?
- Institute of Social Sciences "Ivo Pilar" - article about Small Talk: Croatia and neighbors - can stereotypes be changed?
- Bozo Skoko website - article about Small Talk: Croatia and neighbors - can stereotypes be changed?
- Poslovni dnevnik - article about Regional Meeting 2011
- Vecernji list - article about Speakers' Night
- Akademija Art- article about Speakers' Night
- Akademija Art - article about Small Talk:Have promised. Have lied. Have won. Can unpopular measures win the elections?
- Club Alpbach Belgrade
- Club Alpbach Turkey
- Austrian Cultural Forum
- Austrijski Kulturni Forum
- The Center for Democracy and Reconciliation in Southeast Europe