|Owner||Subsidiary of Panorama Productions|
Club Glow is the longest running dance party in Washington, DC. It currently operates on a weekly basis out of two venues in DC (Echostage and Ultrabar) and has hosted numerous large-scale and music festival events at the DC Armory and RFK Stadium. Since its inception in 1999, Club Glow has regularly hosted top international and local electronic dance music talent at its venues. Club Glow was nominated in 2011 and 2012 at the International Dance Music Awards as one of the "Best U.S. Clubs." In August 2011, Club Glow partnered with Live Nation to bring electronic music to Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, Virginia, The Fillmore in Silver Spring, Maryland, and other music venues and events. Club Glow is owned by Panorama Productions, and has held events with Tiesto, Avicii, Zedd, Hardwell, Porter Robinson, Calvin Harris, and many other prominent DJs.
- March 1999: Club Glow founder Antonis Karagounis and partner Pete Kalamoutsos attend the Winter Music Conference in Miami. After hearing trance artist George Acosta perform, they decide to bring him to DC, giving birth to Club Glow.
- 2001: Upcoming Dutch trance producer Armin van Buuren performs at Club Glow in his second U.S. booking. He and Ferry Corsten share alternating, bi-monthly DJ residencies at Club Glow through 2003.
- August 29, 2001: Club Glow hosts its first international party at Space nightclub in Ibiza with George Acosta and Talla 2XLC.
- March 25, 2002: Club Glow hosts its first event at Winter Music Conference, featuring Ferry Corsten and Armin van Buuren.
- December 28, 2002: Edgar V and Paul Van Dyk own GLOW. This was the first time that that Paul Van Dyk ever came to GLOW. Some notable tracks he played include Otro Dia, For and Angel, and Three Drives - Carrera 2 (Nu-NRG Mix)
- November 4, 2003: Club Glow's Pete Moutso releases "One Night At Glow," becoming the first American DJ to release a record on Tiesto's Black Hole Recordings record label.
- September 15, 2007: As part of the Elements of Life World Tour, Club Glow hosts Tiesto before an audience of 8,000 people in the outdoor lot outside Love Nightclub in Northeast DC.
- March 2011: Club Glow receives a nomination for "Best U.S. Club" at the 2011 International Dance Music Awards.
- April 9, 2011: Club Glow hosts Tiesto at the DC Armory before a sold-out crowd of 10,000 people. The event gains the attention of The Washington Post, drawing speculation about Tiesto's musical evolution as a "trance-house-dubstep" DJ.
- August 18, 2011: Partnership with Live Nation enables Club Glow to host Identity Festival at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, Virginia.
- November 18–19, 2011: Club Glow hosts Super Glow at DC Armory, drawing nearly 20,000 people. Concerts feature Avicii and Armin van Buuren.
- September 22, 2012: Club Glow hosts first event ever at Echostage with Sander Van Doorn, Sunnery James and Ryan Marciano.
References in Media
- David Guetta listed Club Glow as his top club of 2010 in an interview with DJ Magazine.
- Armin van Buuren listed Club Glow's venue, Lima Lounge, as his "best new club visited this year" in 2010 in an interview with DJ Magazine.
- Armin van Buuren featured live DJ sets recorded at Club Glow on episodes 052, 067, 087, and 105 of his A State of Trance radio show.
Club Glow has called a handful of DC nightclubs its Saturday night home since 1999.
- 1999 - 2001: Zei Club
- 2001 - 2003: Insomnia
- 2003 - 2007: Fur Nightclub
- 2007 - 2009: Ibiza DC
- 2009 – 2012: Fur Nightclub
- 2012 – present: Echostage
Club Glow expanded its music programming to Thursday nights in 2008.
- 2008 - 2010: Ultrabar
- 2010 – 2012: Lima Lounge
- 2012 - 2013: Josephine
- 2013–present: Ultrabar
Friday nights were added to the Club Glow lineup in 2011.
- 2011 – 2012: Josephine
- Above & Beyond
- Armin van Buuren (resident)
- Cosmic Gate (resident)
- David Guetta
- Deep Dish
- Ferry Corsten (resident)
- Gabriel & Dresden
- George Acosta (resident)
- Joachim Garraud
- Johan Gielen (resident)
- Laidback Luke
- Marco V (resident)
- Markus Schulz
- Morgan Page
- Steve Angello
- Paul van Dyk
- Pete Moutso (resident)
- Pleasurekraft (resident)
- Sasha (resident)
- Talla 2XLC (resident)
- Taucher (resident)
- "IPast Events".
- Ishimoto Morris, Mary. "Pete Moutso – Behind the Magic of Glow". On Tap.
- "IDMA Winners for the year 2010 presented in 2011". wintermusicconference.com.
- Buerger, Megan (April 10, 2011). "At D.C. Armory, DJ Tiesto gives glowstick set a rave-worthy show". The Washington Post.
- Richards, Chris (August 20, 2011). "Identity Festival at Jiffy Lube Live draws thousands of electronic dance music fans". The Washington Post.
- Richards, Chris (August 22, 2012). "Echostage EDM club to open in D.C.". The Washington Post.
- "Top 100 DJs / 2. David Guetta". DJ Mag.
- "Top 100 DJs / 1. Armin van Buuren". DJ Mag.
- "A State of Trance listings for Glow Washington, DC".