|Look up clubhouse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
clubhouse may refer to:
- The meetinghouse of:
- A Wendy house, or playhouse, a small house for children to play in
- The locker room of a baseball team, which at the highest professional level also features eating and entertainment facilities
- A community centre, a public location where community members gather for group activities, social support, public information, and other purposes
- Clubhouse Model of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, a program of support and opportunities for people with severe and persistent mental illnesses
- Clubhouse sandwich
The descriptive name of "Clubhouse" was taken from the original language that was used to communicate the work and vision of the first Clubhouse, Fountain House in New York City, which started in 1948. As the first community of its kind, Fountain House has served as the model for all subsequent Clubhouses that have developed around the world.
Fountain House began when former patients of a New York psychiatric hospital began to meet together informally, as a kind of "club". It was organised to be a support system for people living with mental illness, rather than as a service or a treatment program. Fountain House also clearly distinguished itself from other programs by its insistence that members and staff work together, side-by-side, as peers and partners, in every function of the Clubhouse operation. Communities around the world that have modeled themselves after Fountain House have embraced the term "Clubhouse”, because it clearly communicates the message of membership and belonging. This message is at the very heart of the Clubhouse way of working.
- Club house music, a form of house music played in nightclubs
- Clubhouse (band), an Italian dance-music band
- Clubhouse (album) Dexter Gordon
- "Clubhouse", song by Clubhouse (band) G. Bortolotti 1989
- Clubhouse Games, or 42 All-Time Classics, a compilation game for the Nintendo DS
- "Clubhouses (South Park)", a South Park episode
- Clubhouse (TV series), an American drama television series
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Clubhouse.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.