A bus station is a structure where city or intercity buses stop to pick up and drop off passengers. It is larger than a bus stop, which is usually simply a place on the roadside, where buses can stop. It may be intended as a terminal station for a number of routes, or as a transfer station where the routes continue.
Bus station platforms may be assigned to fixed bus lines, or variable in combination with a dynamic passenger information system. The latter requires fewer platforms, but does not supply the passenger the comfort of knowing the platform well in advance and waiting there.
Types of stand
- ^1 If separate layover bays are provided then buses usually park in them if not they park in the Departure Stand or Bus Stand.
An accessible station is a public transportation passenger station which provides ready access, is usable and does not have physical barriers that prohibit and/or restrict access by people with disabilities, including those who use wheelchairs.
Largest bus stations
The largest underground bus station in Europe is Kamppi Centre of Helsinki, Finland completed in 2006. The terminal cost 100 million Euro to complete and took 3 years to design and build. Today, the bus terminal, which covers 25,000 square meters, is the busiest bus terminal in Finland. Every day, the terminal has around 700 bus departures, transporting some 170,000 passengers.
- Bus depot (bus garage)
- Bus stop
- Bus terminus
- Intermodal passenger transport
- Railway station
- Ticket (admission)
4.)Bus-Terminal-Station,(s),(bus-terminal)-(bus-station) for exsample: Berlin-(ZOB),(berlin)-(zob).
- "Kamppi –The Helsinki Underground Bus Terminal" (pdf). Xtralis. Archived from the original on 2010-02-07. Retrieved 2010-02-07.
- "New hightech bus station in Amstelveen opened". Vialis. 2009-10-13. Retrieved 2010-02-07.
- Federal Transit Administration - Part 37-Transportation Services for Individuals with Disabilities - 0726CB3D4779478E8B60DA001A4ABF47
|Look up bus station or stand in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bus stations.|