Coca-Cola HBC AG
|Traded as||LSE: CCH, Athex: EEE, NYSE: CCH|
|Key people||Dimitris Lois (CEO)
George A. David (Chairman)
|Products||Alcohol Free Beverages|
|Revenue||€6.874 billion (2013)|
|Operating income||€373.7 million (2013)|
|Profit||€221.2 million (2013)|
Coca-Cola HBC AG (also known as Coca-Cola HBC or Coca-Cola Hellenic) is the world's second-largest Coca-Cola anchor bottler in terms of volume with sales of more than 2 billion unit cases. Coca-Cola HBC‘s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: CCH), with a secondary listing on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEE). Coca-Cola HBC’s American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCH). The company is included in the FTSE 100 and FTSE All – Share indices. Coca-Cola HBC is listed 1st in Europe and 2nd in the world’s top ranking beverage companies in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and is also included in the FTSE4Good Indexes.
Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. was incorporated under the laws of Greece in 1969, with headquarters in Athens. The Coca-Cola Company granted to the company its bottling rights in the country in 1969.
In July 1998, Coca-Cola Amatil Limited, an Australian-based bottler for The Coca-Cola Company, de-merged its European operations. This resulted in the formation of Coca-Cola Beverages Ltd.
In August 2000 Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. acquired Coca-Cola Beverages Ltd and formed Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. In October 2012, the company announced that it was moving its operational headquarters to Switzerland and would switch its main market listing to London. This was a major blow to the Athens stock market, as Coca-Cola Hellenic was its largest listed company by value. Reasons for the move included better access to financing and a move away from crisis ridden Greece, which had prompted ratings agencies to downgrade its credit over the summer to three notches above "junk" level.
On 29 April 2013 Coca-Cola HBC AG (“CCHBC AG”), the new Swiss holding company, had been admitted to the premium listing segment of the official list of the London Stock Exchange’s main market for listed securities.
On 11 September 2013 Coca-Cola HBC AG announced its inclusion into the FTSE 100 and FTSE All – Share indices. Since 2008, CCHBC AG has been listed in the DJSI and in 2013 was listed 1st in Europe and 2nd worldwide.
The Company is also included in the FTSE4GOOD Index since 2001.
Coca-Cola HBC operates in 28 countries in 3 continents; its well established markets include Greece, Cyprus, the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Switzerland and Italy, its developing markets include Poland, the Baltic States, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary and Croatia. Its emerging markets include Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Romania, Montenegro, Armenia, Moldova, the Republic of Macedonia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Nigeria.
Coca-Cola HBC's product line includes a diverse range of ready-to-drink non-alcoholic beverages in the sparkling, juice, water, sport, energy, tea and coffee categories.
The company's stock is 23.3% owned by the Kar-Tess Holding (a Luxembourg company) and 23.2% by the Coca-Cola Company. The remaining 53.5% are in free float of which about two-thirds are held by UK and US institutional investors.
- 3E (Cyprus) Limited
- AS Coca-Cola HBC Eesti
- Bankya Mineral Waters Bottling Company EOOD
- CC Beverages Holdings II B.V.
- CCB Management Services GmbH
- CCHBC Insurance (Guernsey) Limited
- CCHBC IT Services Limited
- Coca-Cola Beverages Austria GmbH
- Coca-Cola Beverages Belorussiya
- Coca-Cola Beverages Ceska republica, s.r.o.
- Coca-Cola HBC Hrvatska d.o.o.
- Coca-Cola HBC Slovenija d.o.o.
- Coca-Cola HBC Slovenska republica, s.r.o.
- Coca-Cola Beverages Ukraine Ltd
- Coca-Cola Bottlers Chisinau S.R.L.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company (Dublin) Limited
- Coca-Cola HBC B-H d.o.o. Sarajevo
- Coca-Cola HBC Finance B.V.
- Coca-Cola HBC Finance plc
- Coca-Cola HBC Greece S.A.I.C
- Coca-Cola HBC – Srbija d.o.o
- Coca-Cola HBC Hungary Ltd.
- Coca-Cola HBC Ireland Limited
- Coca-Cola HBC Italia S.r.l.
- Coca-Cola HBC Kosovo L.L.C.
- Coca-Cola HBC Northern Ireland Limited
- Coca-Cola HBC Polska sp. z.o.o.
- Coca-Cola HBC Romania Ltd.
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company – Crna Gora d.o.o., Podgorica
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Business Service Organisation
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Procurement GmbH
- Lanitis Bros Ltd
- LLC Coca-Cola HBC Eurasia
- MTV West Kishinev Bottling Company S.A.
- Nigerian Bottling Company plc
- Panpak Limited
- SIA Coca-Cola HBC Latvia
- Star Bottling Limited
- Star Bottling Services Corp
- Tsakiris S.A.
- UAB Coca-Cola HBC Lietuva
- Yoppi Hungary Kft
- Coca Cola Hellenic, "Contacts," Accessed November 20, 2013
- "Preliminary Results 2013". Coca-Cola HBC. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- Coca-Cola HBC AG Inclusion in the FTSE UK Index Series
- Coca-Cola HBC AG listed as a world-leader in sustainability by Dow Jones indexes for sixth consecutive time
- The Wall Street Journal, "Bottler Spills Out of Athens," Accessed October 12, 2012
- Coca-Cola HBC Sustainability Ratings
- "Where we Operate". Coca-Cola HBC AG. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- "nigerianbottlingcompanyplc.com". nigerianbottlingcompanyplc.com. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- Shareholder Structure
- "Annual Reports". Coca-Cola HBC.