|Genres||Pop folk, folk, pop rock|
|Labels||Barclay, Sober and Gentle|
Cocoon is a French pop folk band from Clermont-Ferrand that sings in English. They were founded in 2006 by Mark Daumail (born 6 December 1984) and keyboardist Morgane Imbeaud (born 14 April 1987). On stage they are generally accompanied by Raphaël Séguinier (drums) and Oliver Smith (bass).
My Friends all Died in a Plane Crash (2007)
The band's first album, My Friends all Died in a Plane Crash, was released on October 22, 2007. It proved to be an international commercial and critical success selling over 100,000 copies and certified platinum in France.
World tour and Where the Oceans End (2009-2010)
After their first album, Cocoon released the live CD/DVD, Back to Panda Mountain, on September 7, 2009. Following the release of a live CD/DVD, they went on a world tour, dubbed the "Baby Panda Tour". In April 2010, the band started to record their second studio album, Where the Oceans End.
- I Hate Birds (2006)
- From Panda Mountains (2007)
- "On My Way" September 2007
- "Chupee" November 2008
- "Owls" (live version) October 2009
- "Comets" September 2010
- Back to Panda Mountains (2009)
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Cocoon". AllMusic. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- Ecrit jeu 22 juil 2010 8:07 CEST par Voxpop Music in VoxPop. "COCOON: "Difficile de choisir son camp!" - VoxPop". New.fr.music.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- My Friends All Died In A Plane Crash, Cocoon critique
- "La folk féérique de Cocoon de retour en tournée fin 2010 - Musique - 06/09/2010". leParisien.fr. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- Anissa Boumachouene, "Cocoon - The Band that is going high", Brain Magazine, 11 June 2007.
- Critical review of Where the oceans end (Spanish)