|Type||Source code editor|
contentEditable feature of browsers.
contentEditable and significantly improved performance.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Auto indentation and outdent.
- Handles huge documents (hundreds of thousands of lines) without trouble.
- Customizable key bindings including Vi and Emacs modes.
- A wide range of language modes.
- Add-ons for autocompletion, code folding, integrated linting.
- A broad programming API.
Projects using CodeMirror
- Light Table (experimental IDE)
- Adobe Brackets (code editor)
- CodeBunk (Collaborative Realtime Editor and Compiler)
- CodePen (Online Code Editor)
- CoderPad (Code Editing and Execution for Interviews)
- Codio (Web IDE)
- jsbin.com (JS playground)
- Google Apps Script
- Google Chrome DevTools
- Emmet (fast XML editing)
- The File Tree (collaborative editor)
- Mozilla's Firefox web console
- NoTex.ch (online text editor for rST et al.)
- ... many others
- Telerik Icenium (hybrid mobile apps development tool)
- My2ndGeneration (Cloud based code generator)
- LiveGap Editor (online HTMl Editor)
- Wamer (web application builder)
|This programming tool–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|