Codex Copticus Tischendorfianus I
Codex Copticus Tischendorfianus I, is a Coptic uncial manuscript of the four Gospels, dated palaeographically to the 10th or 11th century. Originally it contained the text of the four Gospels. It is written in Sahidic dialect of Coptic language. It is classified on the list of Coptic manuscripts of the New Testament on the position sa 181. The manuscript has survived in a fragmentary condition.
The codex contains 6-7 fragmentary leaves, and seven small fragments. The size of original page was (37 centimetres (15 in) by 27.5 centimetres (10.8 in)). The text is written in two columns per page, in 12-18 lines per page (original in 20 lines per page). The initial letters are written at the margin of column; they are increased simply and are formed about 3 lines or 3-5 lines.
The column block seems as much as possible breaking the words on the banks; punctuation mark are given in the centre of lines, with only small spaces. Diaeresis is used after the usual circumference. The Old Testament quotation in John 1:23 is marked by an obelus at the margin. It is unusual because the quotations usually are marked by inverted comma, obelus is used only for a spurious text.
The text is divided into κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the left margin. The text of Matthew and Luke is divided according to the Greek way, the text of John - according to the Coptic way.
- Matthew 26:65-66; 27:3-6.11-17.23-24.37-40.49-51.57-58;28:1-2.3-5.10-11.13;
- Luke 7:16-24.26-33.36-8:3; 24:1-7.11-17.19-25.29-35.39-44.49-53;
- John 1:4-10.13-17.20-25.29-33.37-42.45-50.52-2:8.11-15.19-24; 3:2-6.10-15.19-23.27-31.34-4:5.9-13.18-22.25-29.35-38.
The text of the codex is a representative of the Alexandrian text-type.
- Franz-Jürgen Schmitz, Gerd Mink, Liste der koptischen Handschriften des Neuen Testaments (Walter de Gruyter: 1986), pp. 451-452
- Оскар Эдуардович Лемм at the Centre of Egyptological Research of the Russian Academy of Science
- Horner, Southern Dialect (Oxford 1911, 325)
- Franz-Jürgen Schmitz, Gerd Mink, Liste der koptischen Handschriften des Neuen Testaments (Walter de Gruyter: 1986), pp. 451–452