|Sign||Dabs1 or g1|
|Now at||National Library of Russia, Petersburg|
|Size||36 x 27.5 cm|
|Hand||coarse, large, thick|
|Note||copy of Claromontanus|
Codex Sangermanensis designated by Dabs1 or 0319 (in the numbering Gregory-Aland), α 1027 (Soden), is a tenth-century diglot manuscript, formerly in the library of St. Germain des Prés, Paris, hence its name Sangermanensis, "of Saint Germanus". It contains the Pauline Epistles, lacking most of 1 Timothy and parts of Romans and Hebrews. It is particularly notable as one of the two such copies which display clear evidence of having had Claromontanus as exemplar (another is Uncial 0320). It is now part of the National Library of Russia (Gr. 20) collection in Saint Petersburg.
It contains 177 parchment leaves (36 by 27.5 cm). It is written in two columns per page, 31 lines per page. Codex Sangermanensis was composed in a coarse, large, thick hand.
- Textual variants
- Romans 13:1 εξουσιαι for εξουσια
- Romans 15:14 αδελφοι μου
The manuscript was written by Latin scribe, who was unfamiliar with Greek.
The manuscript was held in the St. Germain des Prés at Paris. The St. Germain Library was suffered severely during the French Revolution, and Peter Dubrovsky, Secretary to the Russian Embassy at Paris acquired this manuscript together with many other manuscripts stolen from the ecclesiastical libraries.
- Sortable lists
- Related articles
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 109.
- Aland, Kurt; and Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 110. ISBN 0-8028-4098-1.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- J. J. Griesbach, Symbolae criticae ad supplendas et corrigendas variarum N. T. lectionum collectiones (Halle, 1785, 1793), 1, pp. 77-80.
- Frederic G. Kenyon, Handbook to the textual criticism of the New Testament, p. 102.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments, Vol. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 109–110.
- Bernard de Montfaucon, Paleographia Graeca (Paris, 1708), pp. 218–219.
- J. J. Wettstein, Prolegomena (1764, nos. 8, 9).
- G. Bianchini, Evangeliarum quadruplex II, pp. 591–592.
- J. J. Griesbach, Symbolae criticae II (Halle, 1793), pp. 75–77.