Codrin Ştefan Ţapu, September 2012
December 17, 1973 |
|Alma mater||University of Bucharest|
|Known for||Hypostatic model of personality|
Codrin Ştefan Ţapu (born December 17, 1973) is a Romanian author, psychologist, and academic who has written about the aspects or "hypostases" of personality. His works are centered on describing and changing the "aspects" of personality, as they appear to the observers involved.
Ţapu attended the University of Bucharest, where he earned his bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in psychology. From 1998, he worked as an instructor at the psychology department of Hyperion University. In 2000, he was awarded there the chair of lecturer extraordinary. In 2006, he was appointed an associate professor of psychology at the University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, being the first chair of the postgraduate module of counseling.
Ţapu summarized the hypostatic approach to personality in his 2001 book. The hypostatic model, originated by Charles Sanders Peirce with his "hypostatic abstraction", argues, in Ţapu's view, that the person presents herself in a multitude of different aspects or hypostases, depending on the internal and external realities she relates to, including different epistemological approaches to the study of personality. This work is a contribution to life quality management, including counselor's qualities. The hypostatic model describes personality components and dimensions, as well as intra- and interpersonal relations, including dating. Personality is viewed as both an agency and a relatively stable construction, as the model is accompanied by specific methods of assessment and psychotherapy, addressing each of the personality dimensions.
The work of Ţapu has been described as inaugurating the field of concrete systems or "hypostatic" psychology. Also, his work has been criticized for containing a large number of neologisms that make it difficult to understand, and for being "doomed to be incomplete".
|Title||Publication date||Publisher||Place of publication||ISBN / ISSN|
|Fundamente pentru o psihologie a cuplurilor functionale / Basic principles for a psychology of functional couples||2000||Revista de psihologie, Romanian Academy, 3-4, pp. 191-197||Bucharest||ISSN 0034-8759|
|Romanian: Psihologie operatorie: teorie, evaluare, terapie (Operational psychology: theory, assessment, therapy)||2000||Premier||Ploieşti||ISBN 973-80-30-22-6|
|Hypostatic Personality: Psychopathology of Doing and Being Made||2001||Premier||Ploieşti||ISBN 973-8030-59-5|
|Romanian: Dicţionar de psihologie şi psihopatologie: concepte actuale (Dictionary of psychology and psychopathology: current concepts)||2003||Premier||Ploieşti||ISBN 973-8451-13-2|
|Romanian: Tratat de psihologie umanistă sistemică: de la diagnostic la statistică (Textbook of humanistic-systemic psychology: from diagnosis to statistics)||2006||Premier||Ploieşti||ISBN 978-973-740-041-3|
|A humanistic model of burn-out syndrome rehabilitation in agritouristic settings||2007||Scientific Papers Series: Management, Economic Engineering in Agriculture and Rural Development, 7, pp. 507–510||Bucharest||ISBN 978-973-8496-89-7|
|The Complete Guide to Relational Therapy||2011||Lulu||Raleigh, NC||ISBN 978-1-4478-5338-1|
- Albu, Ioana (2013). Breaking Tapu: A Journey of Being. Accent. p. 7. ISBN 9781304302083.
- (German) Eissa, Tina Louise (2011). Frage und erkenne (Ask and understand), LIT Verlag Münster, p. 118. ISBN 978-3-643-11266-8.
- (Romanian) Horopciuc, Manuela (2000). "Psihologie sistemica sau ipostatica?" ("Systemic, or hypostatic psychology?" - book review), Viaţa Medicală, 44 (3 Nov), p 8
- Albu 2013, p. 9
- Albu 2013, p. 10
- Albu 2013, p. 12
- Short, TL (1997) Hypostatic abstraction in self-consciousness, in Foster, P (ed.) The Rule of Reason: The Philosophy of Charles Sanders Peirce
- Crichton, Andrew. "Personality Manipulation and Change Throughout Life". The Philosopher's Zone. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Essay On Personality Traits". AcademicWritingTips.org. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "How we change: hypostases". Mind Models. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- (German). "Theorien über die Persönlichkeit 2 (Theories of personality 2)". Auf der Suche nach der Persönlichkeit: Eine Reise durch den "Inneren Menschen" (In search of personality: A journey through the "inner man"). K-ICT. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- (Romanian) Burcu, A. (2004). Managementul calitatii vietii si conditiei umane (Life quality and human condition management), Editura Mega. ISBN 973-87025-9-3, p. 156
- Rodriguez Tessie J (2009). Understanding Human Behavior, Rex Bookstore, Manila, ISBN 9712352447, pp. 191-195.
- Starkey William J. (2011). Cupid's Code: The Psychology of Relationships, Seduction, Marriage & Love. Morning Star Resources. ISBN 978-0-9827253-1-3, p. 132
- Thorkildsen, M (2011). Political brokers. On political decision making, Aarhus Universitet, p. 36.
- Schiopu, U. (2001) Codrin Ştefan Ţapu: Psihologie operatorie (book review), Societate si handicap, Journal of the National Authority for People with Disabilities, Bucharest, 1-2, ISSN 1454-1904, pp. 137-138
- Ostaciuc, Vasile (2002). "Codrin Ştefan Ţapu: Psihologie operatorie" (book review), Revista de psihologie. Romanian Academy, 1-2, 148-149
- (Romanian) Horopciuc, Manuela (2003). "Un 'conceptuar' de psihologie moderna" ("A 'conceptuary' of modern psychology" - book review), Viata Medicala, 12 (21 March), p 7