|Locale||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|Transit type||straddle-beam Monorail|
|Number of lines||3|
|Number of stations||24|
|Average speed||65 km/h (40 mph)|
|Top speed||80 km/h (50 mph)|
The Government of Tamil Nadu proposed a metro rail system for Coimbatore. However, in 2011, the plan was shelved in favor of a monorail system. Coimbatore is a rapidly growing Metropolitan city.Due to the increase of population rapidly in recent years,Metro(Mono) rail project has been planned for Coimbatore City.
Three monorail routes have been proposed.Though Coimbatore City has enough Deluxe Air buses of Jnnurm, due to the increase of population in Coimbatore Metropolitan, Government isseeking for Monorail Project for Coimbatore Metropolitan.Coimbatore Metro is soon to get Monorail.
- Northern Route: Gandhipuram → Ganapathy → Sivanandha Colony → Saibaba Colony → RS Puram → Townhall → Railway station → Gandhipuram.
- Southern Route: Podanur → Trichy Road → Sungam → Red Fields → Race Course → Railway Station → Ukkadam → Podanur.
- Linear Line: Chinniampalayam → Airport → CODISSIA → PSG Tech → Lakshmi Mill Junction → Gandhipuram → North Coimbatore → Cowley Brown Road → Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.
- "Corporation gears up to launch monorail project". The Times of India. 22 August 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "Corporation speeds up work to begin mono rail project". The Times of India. 22 August 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- Karthik Madhavan (4 September 2012). "A fresh look at Mass Public Transport System for city". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 July 2013.