From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Cold Blooded)
|Look up cold-blooded or coldblooded in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cold-blooded is a generic term for a complex suite of characters that determine an animal's thermophysiology. These characters include:
- ectothermy, controlling body temperature through external metabolic processes, such as by basking in the sun
- poikilothermy, the ability of an organism to function over a wide internal temperature range
- bradymetabolism, the ability to greatly alter metabolic rate in response to need; for example, animals that hibernate
The terms "warm-blooded" and "cold-blooded" have fallen out of favor with scientists because of their imprecision.
- "Cold Blooded" (song), the title track from Rick James's 1983 album
- Cold Blooded (Rick James album), 1983
- "Coldblooded" (James Brown song), a 1974 funk song
- Coldblooded (album), a 1974 funk album by The Bar-Kays
- Coldblooded (film), a 1995 dark comedy/thriller about hitmen
- Cold Blooded (EP), an EP by Datsik
- "Cold Blooded", a song by Damageplan from the 2004 album New Found Power
- Cold Blooded (film), a 2012 crime thriller
- Cold blooded (horse)
- Cold blood (disambiguation)
- Endotherm (disambiguation)
- In Cold Blood (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cold-blooded.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.