and Eddie Haan, George Denny et al
|Headquarters||Scarborough, Maine the old mill on Bridge Street in Yarmouth, Maine, United States|
|Number of locations||8|
|Key people||George Denny, Dan Elze|
Cole Haan is a fashion label that was founded in Chicago, Illinois, United States, in 1928.
The name comes from founders Trafton Cole and Eddie Haan. Originally Cole Haan was a men's footwear label. Today it offers many products, including men's and women's dress and casual footwear, belts, hosiery, handbags, gloves, scarves, hats, outerwear, and sunglasses.
Cole Haan was bought by Apax Partners Worldwide LLP for $570 million on November 16, 2012, from Nike, Inc.. Cole Haan has its headquarters in Scarborough, Maine, and its design center in New York City. Jack A. Boys is its current CEO.
The company's flagship stores are found in locations including:
- Century City, California
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Chicago, Illinois
- Dallas, Texas
- New York City
- San Francisco, California
- Tokyo, Japan
Cole Haan products are also sold at retailers such as Macy*s, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and others, as well as through its own outlet stores found in outlet malls throughout the country.
Cole Haan chose Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova to headline its Spring 2009 and Fall 2009 advertising campaigns.
- "Nike, Form 10-Q, Quarterly Report, Filing Date Jan 9, 2013". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 27, 2013.
- Kim, Ann S.(February 2, 2011). "Cole Haan offices will move to Scarborough". Portland Press Herald. Retrieved August 11, 2011
- Cole Haan leaving Maine as new parent consolidates operations Whit Richardson, Bangor Daily News, October 10, 2013
- "A Brief History « Horween Leather Company". Horween.com. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Horween Leather Company. encyclopedia.com. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- Barbara Rolek (October 27, 2003). "Horween's leather bound by tradition". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Nike's Cole Haan to go fur-free", Forbes, February 25, 2008
- "Nike, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Jun 28, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 27, 2013.
- "to Divest of Cole Haan and Umbro to Focus on Accelerating Growth Through Nike and Complementary Sport Brands". Nike, Inc. Retrieved June 1, 2012.
|This article about a fashion brand, house, corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|