Coleen K. Menlove
Menlove earned a bachelor's degree in elementary education at the University of Utah. As a stay-at-home mother of seven children, she later completed a master's degree in education from Brigham Young University. She has taught in elementary schools part-time in Salt Lake City.
Prior to her call into the Primary, Menlove was a member of the general board of the church's Young Women organization. In October 1999, Menlove was selected to succeed Patricia P. Pinegar as the general president of the Primary, the LDS Church's organization for children. During Menlove's tenure, the Primary organization celebrated its 125th anniversary.
Sermons and publications
- “Living Happily Ever After,” Ensign, May 2000, p. 12
- "Patience—in the Process of Time", 2002 BYU Women's Conference
- "Prophets, Prayers, and Promised Blessings", BYU–Idaho Education Week, 2003-06-27
- “Show You Know,” Friend, June 2003, p. 16
- “A Voice of Gladness for Our Children,” Liahona, November 2002, p. 13
|The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints titles|
Patricia P. Pinegar
|President of the Primary
1999 – 2005
Cheryl C. Lant