Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humboldt
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2013)|
The school was established in 1894, situated on Canoa Street in Mexico City. By 1900, the number of students was approaching 300, including students from outside the German community. In 1940, a campus in Tacubaya was opened, and by 1968 the Civil Association "Alexander von Humboldt" is created,[clarification needed] named after the German naturalist and explorer. The institution had incorporated itself into the Mexican Educational System,[when?] so students could obtain either Mexican or German certificates. By 1970, two additional campuses were opened and over 1000 students attended the school.
The association currently has 3 main campuses, and additionally a Kindergarten, and an Elementary School. The unaffiliated Club Alemán de México is used as a cultural and athletic facility by the German community.
Language of classes
Most subjects are taught in German language, and children are required to be bi-lingual, unless they are starting Kindergarten.
The following campuses are in Greater Mexico City:
- Campus Lomas Verdes: Naucalpan de Juárez, State of Mexico: Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, and High School (or "Abitur" by German standards).
- The kindergarten and primary grades and the secondary and preparatory grades are in two separate campuses in Lomas Verdes.
- Campus Xochimilco: Xochimilco, Mexico City: Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, and High School (or "Abitur" by German standards).
- Kindergarten and Primary are in a campus in Colonia Tepepan, and Secundary and Preparatory are in a campus in Colonia Huichapan (La Noria)
- Xochimilco, Business School in association with the German Chamber of Commerce in Mexico.
- Campus La Herradura, Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, and High School
Other German schools
- The Guadalajara-area German school, the Colegio Alemán de Guadalajara A.C., is in Zapopan, Jalisco.
- The Puebla City-area German school, the Colegio Humboldt Puebla (Deutsche Schule Puebla) is in Cuautlancingo, Puebla State.
- The German school in Tijuana, Colegio Alemán Cuahtémoc Hank, A.C. is in Colonia Hipódromo.
- "Ubicaciones Campus LOMAS VERDES." Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humboldt. Retrieved on March 14, 2014. "Kindergarten - Primaria Superavenida Lomas Verdes 520 Alteña II, Lomas Verdes, Naucalpan de Juárez 53120 Estado de México" and "Secundaria - Preparatoria Paseo Alexander von Humboldt 2 III Sección Lomas Verdes, Naucalpan de Juárez 53120 Estado de México"
- "Ubicaciones Campus XOCHIMILCO." Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humboldt. Retrieved on March 14, 2014. "Kindergarten - Primaria Camino Real a Xochitepec 120 Col. Tepepan, Del. Xochimilco 16030 México, D.F. " and "Secundaria - Preparatoria Av. México 5501 Col. Huichapan (La Noria), Del. Xochimilco 16030 México D.F."
- "Ubicaciones Campus LA HERRADURA." Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humboldt. Retrieved on March 14, 2014. "Kindergarten – Primaria – Secundaria - Preparatoria Bosques de Moctezuma 124 Fracc. La Herradura, Huixquilucan 52784 Estado de México" and "Kindergarten Prado Norte Prado Norte 559 Lomas de Chapultepec 11000 México, D.F. "
- Home page. Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humboldt Guadalajara. Retrieved on March 14, 2014. "Colegio Alemán de Guadalajara, A.C. Bosques de los Cedros 32. Fracc. Las Cañadas. C.P. 45132 Zapopan / Jalisco"
- "Inicio." Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humboldt Puebla. Retrieved on March 14, 2014. "Av. Cholulteca s/n Chautenco, Cuautlancingo, Puebla. C.P. 72700."
- "Contacto." Colegio Alemán Cuahtémoc Hank, A.C. Retrieved on March 14, 2014. "Dirección Blvd.Agua Caliente #12027, Col. Hipódromo C.P. 22420 Tijuana B.C."
- Mexico City school (all campuses) Official website
- Guadalajara school Official website
- Puebla school Official website
- Tijuana school Official website