||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (October 2012)|
Coleman Milne is a coachbuilder in the United Kingdom that specialises in converting cars into funeral vehicles, stretched limousines, preparation of police vehicles and other specialist vehicles. Coleman Milne creates, builds, and sells hearses and limousines in the UK.
The company’s range of customers includes corporations, financial institutions, nationalised industries, local authorities, government departments, police constabularies, limousine hire companies and funeral directors. Vehicles have also been supplied to British and overseas royal families. They originally stretched the Ford Zephyr, later moving on to the Ford Granada upon which a number of versions such as the Minster, Dorchester, and Grosvenor were based. As of the fall of 1982 the Granada-based Dorchester was also available in an estate version with elongated rear doors, called the "Windsor".
- Ford Cardinal Hearse
- Ford Dorchester Limousine
- Mercedes E-Class-based Hearse/Limousine
- Rolls Royce - based Hearse & Limousine
- Mondeo Estate Removal Vehicle
- The Sure-Lift Removal Ambulance
- Galaxy Removal Vehicle
Coleman Milne was founded by John Coleman and Roderick Milne in 1953. At first they specialised in vehicle body repairs and horse boxes. They quickly found a niche in using those skills to create limousines and funeral hearses. In 1992 a management buy-out resulted in becoming a trading division under the holding company name of Woodall Nicholson Limited.
- Costa, Andre & Georges-Michel Fraichard, ed. (September 1, 1982). Salon 1983: Toutes les Voitures du Monde (in French) (Paris: l'Auto Journal) (14-15): 210.
- Auto Katalog 1984. Stuttgart: Vereinigte Motor-Verlage GmbH & Co. KG. 1983. pp. 84, 216–217.