|Birth name||Colette Carr|
|Also known as||cCarr|
January 6, 1991 |
Malibu, California, United States
|Origin||Malibu/Los Angeles, CA, USA|
|Genres||Pop rap, electropop|
|Instruments||Vocals, rap, guitar, piano|
|Labels||Cherrytree, Interscope, Ncredible|
|Associated acts||Far East Movement, Frankmusik, Adammo, Natalia Kills, Porcelain Black, E-40, Kev Nish,|
Colette Carr (born January 6, 1991), is an American musician based in Malibu and Los Angeles, California. Carr's debut album, Skitszo, a collection of previously released digital EP’s, was released on July 9, 2013. "Never Gonna Happen", the fifth single from the album, was released May 5, 2013 and reached the number eleven spot on Billboards Dance-Club Chart.
In addition to her music career, Carr hosts her own radio show on CherryTreeRadio.com, titled "The Colette Carr Pool" and co-owns a retail travel store "Coca-Nico" with her sister Nicole, which opened on December 11, 2010 in San Francisco, CA.
Carr originally was a competitive tennis player, until an injury involving her back led her to be unable to play anymore. "I was either going to become paralyzed and continue playing or stop and find a new destination for myself,” says Carr. Music was also a passion for Carr, "I was obsessed with music growing up. I had my walkman on 24/7. I would write lyrics and song titles all over my walls in sharpie. I was extremely consumed," said Carr.
2009–10: Career beginnings and Sex Sells Stay Tooned
Discovered at a Game concert, Carr volunteered to go on stage when host comedian Story Moyd, asked the audience if anyone could freestyle. The audience reacted positively to Carr, screaming "Go white girl”. Carr gained the attention of the audience, and various producers, including The Cataracs, who produced various songs for her. Carr released her debut single, "Back It Up" in 2009, which quickly became a viral success. The music video, directed by Richie Mac, received more than 465,000 views on MTV Music networks MTVU channel, charting top 10 video of the week. Carr was signed to N'credible, by Nick Cannon. In 2010, Carr released promotional single "Bitch Like Me", accompanied with video directed by Jonathan Singer-Vine, and her first mix-tape "Sex Sells Stay Tooned", with over 100,000 downloads in its first few months. On March 28, 2010 Carr performed at the 2010 Bamboozle Music Festival in California.
Carr announced she had started working on her debut album, Skitszo and the lead single "(We Do It) Primo" was released on May 11, 2011. It reached the number-one spot on Billboard's Uncharted chart for artists whose music is primarily distributed online. "Sex", was released on December 13, 2011 but did the video has since been scrapped due to unknown reasons and the single was not included on the album. Carr was included on the CherryTree Pop Alternative Tour along with LMFAO and Natalia Kills. In 2012 "Like I Got A Gun" was then released as the albums second single on June 1, and premiered on CherrytreeRadio.com that same day. Carr then released four digital EP's called 'The Skitszo Collection' which consisted of songs from her debut album that had been split into four. Carr released "F16" on November 13 as a part of her first EP, the song was produced by Frankmusik. In 2013 the albums fourth single "Why Are You Leaving?" featuring Far East Movement's Kev Nish was released on January 8, 2013. "Never Gonna Happen" was the albums fifth single, released on March 5, and a remix by Dave Aude appeared on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Songs chart at #11.
Carr announced that she was planning on releasing her second mixtape called “Going, Going HAM” sometime during 2014, although it wasn't released. She released "HAM" featuring Ben J from Hip Hip duo New Boyz as the lead single, co-written by Nate Walka and Jon Redwine produced by Marley Waters. Carr released and premiered the music video for 'HAM' on popular American radio personality, television host, and producer Ryan Seacrest site RyanSeacrest.com September 13, 2013. Carr toured along with Huey Mack and Mayo on the 'Pretending Perfection' tour from April 21 to May 1, 2014 and then toured for the 'On The Rise' tour, along with Jake Miller, Becky G, T. Mills and Mike Stud, on October 28, 2014 where she was handing out free copies of her new EP, "Not Sure Yet". Carr recorded the EP sometime in early 2014 with Frankmusik as the producer and plans to release the EP digitally sometime in 2015.
2015-present: Believe in Us
In January 2015, Carr announced that she was working on her second studio album Believe in Us, due to be released sometime in 2015. The majority of the album has been written and produced with Carr's frequent collaborator Frankmusik. Like her previous album, Believe in Us will be split into EP's with the full album being released as a whole last. The first EP is expected to be released early April.
Carr has cited in various interviews that her influences include Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, 2Pac, The Notorious B.I.G., Wu-Tang Clan, Suzanne Vega, Baris Mancho, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Cure, and Britney Spears
- The CherryTree Pop Alternative Tour (2011)
- Pretending Perfection (2014)
- On The Rise (2014)
- http://www.cherrytreerecords.com/radio Cherrytree Radio: Your Pop Alternative
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4691867/bio Colette Carr - Biography
- http://www.teenspot.com/spotlight/colette-carr-teenspot-interview/ TeenSpot.com - EXCLUSIVE: Colette Carr TeenSpot Interview
- http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1650598/colette-carr-plans-schizo-debut-after-back-it-up.jhtml Colette Carr Plans Schizo Debut After 'Back It Up' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com
- http://ncredible.com/artists/ Ncredible | Entertainment and Management
- http://www.free-wired.com/2010/08/interview-colette-carr_26.html Interview: Colette Carr | Free-Wired.com
- http://www.celebrityviplounge.com/exclusive-nick-cannons-protege-colette-carr-interview/ Nick Cannon's protege Colette Carr interview
- http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/uncharted-territory/472025/uncharted-territory-colette-carr-is-new-no-1-blind-fury Uncharted Territory: Colette Carr is New No. 1, Blind Fury Debuts | Billboard
- https://soundcloud.com/cherrytreerecords/colette-carr-like-i-got-a-gun Colette Carr - Like I Got A Gun by CherrytreeRecords on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
- http://www.idolator.com/7441454/colette-carr-why-are-you-leaving-at-your-request Colette Carr’s “Why Are You Leaving”: At Your Request | Music News, Reviews, and Gossip on Idolator.com
- Nate Walka
- Jon Redwine
- "DJ Marley Waters :: Beatport DJs". Dj.beatport.com. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "Watch Colette Carr New ‘HAM’ Music Video". Ryan Seacrest. 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- http://www.kidzworld.com/article/24910-colette-carr-qanda Colette Carr Q&A