Colin "Bomber" Harris vs Colin "Bomber" Harris
Colin "Bomber" Harris vs Colin "Bomber" Harris is a Monty Python comedy sketch in which wrestler Colin Harris (Graham Chapman) fights himself. As Colin fights himself, a commentator (John Cleese, with Michael Palin as MC in both versions) hastily reports the events.
The sketch includes the following moves:
- The "Hand Hold" in which Colin simultaneously attempts to grab his own hand while trying to fight it away, eventually failing. Cleese remarks, "He's going for the hand hold...he's got it."
- Working on his 'weak left knee'
- Biting his own foot, which earns him a public warning from the referee and much ire from himself.
- The "Double Overhead Nostril", where Colin brings his arm upwards, lowering his hand over his face and inserting his middle and index fingers into his nose.
- Colin succeeds in gaining a fall by lying on the ground and bringing his legs up beside his head, locking his knees in his elbows called the "Double Overhead" in the Fligender Zirkus Version.
- A "Strawberry whip", "Vanilla whip", and "Chocolate whip", called "the flying welshman" & "the half egyptian" in the Fligender Zirkus version, usually consisting of three forward somersaults while he elbows himself in the back of his neck.
- "Colin's most famous hold, the one-neck-over-shoulder-Gerry Ford" (Known as "The famous over-right-shoulder-Gerry Ford in the City Center version) called the half-crab in the Fligender Zirkus version, where Colin's right leg is brought over his shoulder, and he crawls along the ground in a pained manner with his remaining arm and leg. He manages to crawl to the ropes, and Cleese remarks that he was "lucky there".
- Colin manages to catch himself by surprise by bringing his arms around his neck, his hands firmly pressing the ground in an attempt to pin; this move is known as the "Double Eydie Gormé called "the neck pin" in the Fligender Zirkus version. He is able to twist out of it.
- The match ends with Colin hitting himself in the head with his forearm, effectively knocking himself out. He is declared the winner, but is announced to meet himself again in the coming finals.
|This comedy or humor related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|