|No. 64 Free agent|
|Date of birth:||July 31, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Rolling Hills, California|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||310 lb (141 kg)|
|High school:||Rolling Hills Estates (CA) Palos Verdes Peninsula|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
Stats at NFL.com
Colin Baxter (born July 31, 1987) is an American football center who is currently a free agent. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the San Diego Chargers in 2011. He played college football for the University of Arizona.
He has also been a member of the New York Jets.
A native of Rolling Hills, California, Baxter attended Palos Verdes Peninsula High School, where he played lineman on both sides of the ball, and was the 2005 CIF Division III Defensive Player of the Year. Regarded as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, Baxter was listed as the No. 25 offensive guard prospect in the class of 2006. He was Arizona's first commitment in Class of 2006, pledging in June 2005.
Baxter finished his senior season at Arizona with 50 appearances and 49 consecutive starts (first 11 at left guard, before switching to center). He was Rimington Trophy candidate in 2009 and earned an All-Pac-10 Second Team selection two years in a row. Finalist for the 2010 Rimington Trophy and also nominated for the 2010 Outland Trophy.
San Diego Chargers
New York Jets
Baxter was claimed off waivers by the New York Jets on September 4, 2011. Baxter made his professional debut on September 18, 2011 after Nick Mangold left the game due to an ankle injury. Baxter performed well in his debut during a 31-3 win against the Jacksonville Jaguars. After Mangold went on the disabled list due to a high ankle sprain, Baxter was named the new starting center for the Jets. In Week 4 vs. the Baltimore Ravens, Baxter was pulled from the game due to struggles and was replaced by Matt Slauson. The Jets designated Baxter for assignment after Mangold was activated and waived Baxter on October 25, 2011.
Second stint with the Chargers
Baxter elected to re-sign to San Diego's practice squad on October 26, 2011 despite the Jets' expressed interest in re-signing him to their squad. On August 25, 2013, he was cut by the Chargers.
Los Angeles Kiss
- "Offensive guards 2006". Rivals. January 31, 2006. Archived from the original on September 19, 2011. Retrieved September 19, 2011.
- "NFL Draft - 2011 C Draft Prospects". CBS Sports. Archived from the original on September 19, 2011. Retrieved October 14, 2010.
- Smith, Michael David (July 26, 2011). "Chargers announce signing of 19 undrafted rookies". ProFootballTalk. Archived from the original on September 19, 2011. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- "Chargers trim roster to 53". Kansas City Star. September 3, 2011. Archived from the original on September 19, 2011. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (September 4, 2011). "Jets awarded four players off waivers, including QB Kevin O'Connell; cut Aaron Maybin". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on September 19, 2011. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- LeRay, Andrew (September 19, 2011). "Center Spotlight Could Be on Colin Baxter". New York Jets. Archived from the original on September 19, 2011. Retrieved September 19, 2011.
- Jets Media Relations Department (October 25, 2011). "Baxter Waived, Kroul Released". New York Jets. Archived from the original on October 26, 2011. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- Cimini, Rich (October 26, 2011). "Source: Colin Baxter joins Chargers". ESPN. Archived from the original on November 7, 2011. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- Gehlken, Michael (August 25, 2013). "Chargers cut 10 players; more coming". U-T San Diego. Retrieved August 26, 2013.