His debut collection, Here Be Monsters, was selected for the National Poetry Series in 2009. His work has appeared in many publications including American Poetry Review, Crazyhorse, Gulf Coast, Kenyon Review, Massachusetts Review, Ploughshares, Poetry Magazine. He is an editor of Tongue: A Journal of Writing & Art.
He lives in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2010 Pushcart Prize for the poem "Lord God Bird"
- 2009 National Poetry Series 
- 2006 Ruth Lilly Fellowships 
- "Half-Ourselves & Half-Not", Poetry (September 2009)
- "Ars Poetica with Vulture", Kenyon Review
- "Hanging Garden", "Guernica: A Journal of Writing & Art" (with audio)
- "Observatory", "Waccamaw: A Journal of Contemporary Literature"
- Here Be Monsters (The University of Georgia Press, 2010)