With the Senators during the 2013 playoffs.
March 9, 1986 |
St. John's, NL, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team||Ottawa Senators|
|NHL Draft||204th overall, 2005
Colin Peter Greening (born March 9, 1986) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player. Greening is a member of the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League (NHL), who drafted him in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
While playing for Upper Canada College, Greening was selected by the Ottawa Senators in the seventh round (204th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. Greening played four full seasons at Cornell University without missing a single game, serving as captain in his junior and senior year and being selected for membership in the Quill and Dagger society. He was the first sophomore to serve as alternate captain under coach Mike Schafer. At Cornell, Greening played on a line with another future-NHL forward, Riley Nash.
After graduating from Cornell in 2010, Greening joined the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League (AHL), the affiliate of the Ottawa Senators. He made his NHL debut on February 1, 2011, in a game in Newark, New Jersey versus the New Jersey Devils. On March 3, 2011, Greening scored his first National Hockey League goal against the Atlanta Thrashers in a 3-1 Ottawa victory. On May 19, 2011, Greening was signed to a 3-year, one-way contract by the Ottawa Senators that will pay him $700,000 in 2011-12, $800,000 in 2012-13, and $950,000 in 2013-14.
On January 12, 2012, Greening was selected to participate in the NHL YoungStars Game which coincided with the 2012 All-Star Game held in Ottawa. He finished his rookie season with 17 goals and 37 points while playing in all 82 of Ottawa's games.
On September 9, 2013, Greening signed a 3-year, $7.95 million contract extension that will pay him $2 million in 2014-15, $2.75 million in 2015-16 and $3.2 million in 2016-17.
Awards and honors
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||2007–08|||
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||2008–09|||
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||2009–10|||
- NHL All-Star Rookie Squad (2012)
- Lowe's Senior CLASS Award (ice hockey) (2010)
- ECAC Hockey Student-Athlete of the Year (2009–10)
- All-Ivy League First Team All-Star (2010)
- ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA Academic All-America First Team (2010)
- Cornell Chronicle: Greening wins Lowe's Senior CLASS Award
- [dead link]
- "Senators commit to Grenning and Smith". Toronto Sun. 2011-05-19. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2012/01/13/19238761.html Greening whizzes into YoungStars Game
- "Senators sign Colin Greening to 3-year extension". CBC Sports. 2013-09-09. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "Colin Greening player profile". The Hockey News. 2011-05-19. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- Cornell University - Greening Wins 2010 Lowe's Senior CLASS Award
- "ECAC men's SA of the Year- Colin Greening". ECAC Hockey. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- Cornell University - Gallagher, Greening and Scrivens Headline First-Team All-Ivy
- Cornell University - Greening Named First-Team Academic All-American
- Colin Greening's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Colin Greening's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Colin Greening's player profile at NHL.com
|Awards and achievements|
|ECAC Hockey Student-Athlete of the Year