Nish playing for Hibernian in 2011
|Full name||Colin John Nish|
|Date of birth||7 March 1981|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|2000||→ Alloa Athletic (loan)||13||(5)|
|2000–2001||→ Alloa Athletic (loan)||10||(3)|
|2002–2003||→ Clyde (loan)||15||(5)|
|2012–2013||→ Dundee (loan)||24||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:46 28 January 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Colin Nish (born 7 March 1981) is a Scottish footballer who currently plays as a striker for Cowdenbeath in the Scottish Championship. Nish has also previously played for Dunfermline Athletic, Alloa Athletic, Clyde, Kilmarnock, Hibernian, Hartlepool United, Dundee and Dumbarton
Nish joined Kilmarnock in 2003 after being released by Dunfermline. He initially signed a six-month deal which ran until Christmas 2003, at which point he agreed a new 18-month contract. He initially struggled at Kilmarnock where fans were often critical of him after a poor start. This included missing an open goal in a league match against Hearts from six yards out with the goalkeeper Craig Gordon stranded. After the departure of Kris Boyd, however, he began to find form for the club.
In October 2007 Nish rejected Kilmarnock's offer of a new contract which meant that he was able to talk to other clubs from January 2008 with a view to a Bosman transfer in the summer. Nish signed a pre-contract with boyhood heroes Hibernian and the next day the clubs agreed a deal to immediately transfer Nish. He made his debut for Hibs on 9 February 2008 in a 1–1 draw away to Dundee United. He then scored his first goal for Hibs ten minutes into his home debut against Gretna.
Towards the end of the 2009–10 season, Nish described the Hibs supporters as "moaners" following an Edinburgh derby defeat. He soon apologised for those remarks, calling for unity between players and fans ahead of an important match against Motherwell. Nish scored a hat-trick in the first half of that game, yet Hibs only managed a 6–6 draw in the highest scoring SPL game in league history. Nish then scored both goals in a 2–0 win at Tannadice that secured a UEFA Europa League place for Hibs.
Early in the 2010–11 season, however, Nish was again a target for stick from the Hibs support, with manager Colin Calderwood expressing his sympathy for the player. Nish was allowed to train with Chinese Super League club Tianjin Teda during January 2011, but Nish decided to stay with Hibs. The signings of Akpo Sodje and Ricardo Vaz Tê pushed Nish out of the Hibs first team, and he was advised in April 2011 that his contract would not be renewed.
Nish signed for Hartlepool United, on a free transfer, on 27 June 2011. He missed a penalty in Hartlepool's League Cup first round penalty shootout loss to Sheffield United. Nish scored his first goal for Hartlepool in a 1–1 draw with Walsall on 13 August 2011. He then scored two goals in a 3–0 victory against Bury in September. Nish sustained an injury against Charlton in October that prevented him from playing for two months, during which time Hartlepool changed manager. He fell out of favour under new manager Neale Cooper.
His former club Kilmarnock tried to sign Nish on loan in August 2012, after Paul Heffernan suffered an injury, but were unable to raise sufficient finance. Dundee signed Nish on loan until January 2013. He scored two goals for a struggling Dundee side during the initial loan spell, which was extended to the end of the 2012–13 season. Hartlepool announced on 7 May 2013 that his contract would not be renewed for the 2013–14 season.
Nish signed for Scottish Championship club Dumbarton in August 2013. As well as playing for the first team he will manage the Dumbarton under-19 team. Nish scored one goal and created another in his debut appearance for Dumbarton, in a 3–1 win against Morton on 24 August. On June 26th 2014 Nish signed a new one year deal with the Sons following a productive second half to the season which included the goal which took the Sons to their first Scottish Cup Quarter final in over 30 years.
He left the club in January 2015 after missing out on the clubs' vacant assistant managers job
- "Colin John Nish". ESPN Soccernet.
- "Nish apologises to Hibernian fans for outburst". STV. 4 May 2010. Retrieved 9 May 2010.
- More to follow as Nish moves, BBC Sport, 27 October 2000
- Killie snap up Hardie, BBC Sport, 7 July 2003
- Nish signs new Killie deal, BBC Sport, 18 December 2003
- "Hibs do deals for Nish and Zarabi". BBC Sport. 31 January 2008. Retrieved 31 January 2008.
- "Dundee United 1–1 Hibernian". BBC Sport. 9 February 2008. Retrieved 13 February 2008.
- "Hibernian 4–2 Gretna". BBC Sport. 13 February 2008. Retrieved 13 February 2008.
- "Dirty Dozen battle for Europe and break SPL record". STV. 6 May 2010. Retrieved 9 May 2010.
- "Hibernian manager Calderwood wants support for Nish". BBC Sport. 27 November 2010. Retrieved 27 November 2010.
- McCafferty, Gavin (13 April 2011). "New Derek Adams ban as Colin Nish faces Hibs exit". The Scotsman. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "Hibernian to release 10 players". BBC Sport. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Pools clinch Nish deal". Sky Sports. 27 June 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- Schweitzer-Thompson, Alex (7 December 2011). "Ex-Hibee enjoying life in League One but admits to unfinished business in SPL". Edinburgh Evening News (Johnston Press). Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- "Old boy Nish on Shiels' radar as Kilmarnock look for firepower". sport.scotsman.com (Johnston Press). 11 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Spence, Jim (21 August 2012). "Dundee hold talks with Hartlepool striker Colin Nish". BBC Sport (BBC). Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Colin Nish joins Dundee on loan". BBC Sport. BBC. 21 August 2012. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Dundee: Striker Colin Nish extends loan deal from Hartlepool United". BBC Sport. BBC. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Six head for Hartlepool exit". Sky Sports. BSkyB. 7 May 2013. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- "Dumbarton: Colin Nish signs as player-coach". BBC Sport. BBC. 22 August 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Dumbarton 3 – 1 Morton: Colin Nish scores on debut". Scotland on Sunday (Johnston Publishing). 25 August 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2013.