Colin Roberts (diplomat)
|Governor of the Falkland Islands
Commissioner for South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
29 April 2014
|Chief Executive||Keith Padgett|
|Preceded by||Nigel Haywood|
|Commissioner of the British Indian Ocean Territory and the British Antarctic Territory|
23 June 2008 – 17 October 2012
|Preceded by||Leigh Turner|
|Succeeded by||Peter Hayes|
|British Ambassador to Lithuania|
|Preceded by||Jeremy Hill|
|Succeeded by||Simon Butt|
|Born||31 July 1959|
|Children||Oliver (b. 2002), Alexander (b.2004)|
He previously served as British Ambassador to Lithuania, from 2004 to 2008, Commissioner of the British Indian Ocean Territory and the British Antarctic Territory from 2008 to 2012 and Director of the FCO Eastern Europe and Central Asia Directorate from 2012 to 2014. Roberts also held diplomatic service posts in Japan, Gibraltar and Ireland.
In 2013 it was announced that Roberts had been appointed Governor of the Falkland Islands and Commissioner for South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, to take up office in April 2014. Alicia Castro, Argentina's ambassador to the United Kingdom, criticised Roberts's appointment as a "provocation" and said he was "not the person to encourage dialogue between nations".
- "Colin Roberts, CVO". Debrett's. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "Change of Governor of the Falklands Islands". gov.uk. 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "Falklands Governor Colin Roberts takes office next Tuesday 29 April". MercoPress. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "FCO Daily Bulletin Wednesday 14 January 2004". http://www.gov-news.org. 2004-01-14. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "British Indian Ocean Territory". http://www.worldstatesmen.org. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- Castro, Alicia (3 March 2014). "Britain's new 'governor of the Falkland islands' is a provocation". The Guardian. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
|This British Indian Ocean Territory-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Falkland Islands-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Lithuania-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This British diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|