Colin Sharman, Baron Sharman
He was educated at Bishop Wordsworth's School in Salisbury and qualified as a chartered accountant in 1965. He joined Peat Marwick Mitchell the following year, and rose through the years to become chairman of the renamed KPMG in 1997.
Lord Sharman has been a member of the ABN AMRO Supervisory Board since 2003. He has been chairman of Aviva Group since January 2006. He is also a non-executive director at Reed Elsevier, BG Group and on the board of Group 4 Securicor. The Times 'Power 100' states that Lord Sharman earns over £400,000 a year from his management roles.
Since November 2012, he has been the Prime Ministerial Trade Envoy to Morocco. He will be attending the 2014 Moroccan British Business Conference, to be held in London, alongside Lord Mayor of London Fiona Woolf.
- The London Gazette: . 14 June 1980.
- The London Gazette: . 6 August 1999.
- "New Trade Envoys and Business Investment to Boost Trade Links". The National Archives. 12 November 2012.
- "Moroccan British Business Conference in London on October 22". Morocco World News. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- Lord Sharman profile on the Liberal Democrats website
- Lord Sharman in the The Times Power 100 list
- Announcement of his introduction at the House of Lords House of Lords minutes of proceedings, 27 October 1999