Collège Royal (Rabat)
Coordinates: The Collège Royal is an education establishment located inside the royal palace in Rabat. Since its foundation in 1942, it specializes in the education of princes and princesses of the Alaouite dynasty.
The Collège Royal was created in 1942 by Mohammed V under the French protectorate. This came after, the monarch initially tried to send his son Hassan II to the Ecole des Roches in France but couldn't because of World War II. The school opens a class for each senior member of the Alaouite Royal family. It previously opened classes for Hassan II, Mohammed VI, Prince Moulay Rachid, Moulay Hassan, Crown Prince of Morocco, the daughters of Hassan II, Prince Moulay Ismail and Lalla Soukaina.
Class of Prince Moulay Hassan
Some of the attendees:
- Hassan II
- Ahmed Reda Guedira
- Ahmed Osman
- Abdellah Gharnit
- Prince Moualy Youssef Alaoui (son of Prince Moualy Idriss Alaoui, the older brother of Mohammed V)
- Moulay Salama Ben Zidan
- Abdesalam Berchid
- Mohammed Hajji
- Abdelhafid Kadiri (Minister of Sport in the 1970s)
Class of Prince Sidi Mohammed
The class was opened officially in 1973.
- Mohammed VI
- Fouad Ali El Himma*
- Yassine Mansouri
- Noureddine Bensouda
- Rochdi Chraibi*
- Fadel Benyaich
- Driss Ait Mbarek, Governor of Figuig
- Anas Khalès Ambassador to the Republic of Ireland
- Samir El Yazidi, Governor of Tiznit
- Hassan Aourid*
- Karim Ramzi, a photographer and son of former Health Minister Ahmed Ramzi.
- Zouheir Ibrahimi, the son of the personal Tailor of Hassan II, he currently holds a high position in the Ministry of the Interior
- Naim Temsamani, was excluded from the school in 1977 (along with another student) because he was good at Math whereas the class was oriented to literary studies.
- Prince Hicham Alaoui, until September 1972.
- Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, until the age of 10.
- Princess Meryem Alaoui, attended before the creation of a female-only class
* joined in 1977
Class of Prince Moulay Rachid
People who worked at the Collège Royal
- Mehdi Ben Barka, was the teacher of mathematics for crown prince Hassan II.
- Ahmed Bahnini, taught Arabic for the class of crown prince Hassan II.
- "أسرار المدرسة المولوية". Nichane. Retrieved 25 December 2013.
- "تربية ملك". Nichane. April 2008.
- "سمير اليزيدي عامل تيزنيت الجديد درس مع الملك محمد السادس". الجالية. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Majdouline El Atouabi (14 January 2005). "Ancien élève du collège royal, Karim Ramzi semblait destiné à tout sauf à une carrière de photographe professionnel. Le fabuleux destin de Karim Ramzi". Maroc Hebdo. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "أحمد رمزي". Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Prince Moulay Hicham of Morocco (9 April 2014). Journal d'un prince banni:Demain, le Maroc. Éditions Grasset.
- Hassan Hamdani; Youssef Ziraoui; Ahmed Najim (26 August 2012). "Moulay Rachid. Tous les Marocains connaissent le frère de Mohammed VI. Mais savent-ils vraiment qui il est ?". TelQuel. Retrieved 12 December 2013.