CollabFeature is a group of independent filmmakers from all over the world who have come together to create feature films made up of multiple individual stories. Each filmmaker writes and directs his or her own small segment of a film in his or her own country. The group's first feature began shooting in spring of 2010 and will be completed in 2012. The project was created by Detroit-based filmmaker Marty Shea and web developer Ian Bonner.
- Marty Shea - Detroit, USA
- Rafael Yoshida - São Paulo
- Fahad Shaikh - Dubai
- Sabine Sebaali - Beirut
- Steve Murphy - London
- Omer Kula - London
- Stanislava Buevich - London
- Giacomo Mantovani - London
- Varun Mathur - New Delhi
- Brian Shephard - Orlando, FL
- Asmit Pathare - Mumbai
- Nicolas Fogliarini - Paris
- Neha Raheja Thakker - Mumbai
- Vishesh Mankal - New Delhi
- Francois Coetzee - Cape Town
- Mairtin de Barra - Dublin
- Xavier Agudo - Berlin
- Yango González - Bogota, Colombia
- Alexander Schoenauer - Berlin
- Nino Leitner - Innsbruck, Austria
- Arne von Nostitz-Rieneck - Vienna
- Reenita Malhotra - Hong Kong
- Michael Canzoniero - New York
- Nicole Sylvester - Brooklyn
- John Versical - Chicago, United States
CollabFeature's first multi-director project is a feature film entitled "The Owner." The film follows a backpack that travels the globe on a journey to find its owner—a man named "MacGuffin." The feature consists of 28 short films that are connected by the backpack's journey. Each short film is approximately 2 to 5 minutes long.
With its 28 directors (including the 3 additional directors), "The Owner" will have more directors than Paris je t'aime, which currently holds the Guinness World Record for the most directors (21) in one film.
"The Owner" follows a lost backpack on a journey around the world, meeting several fascinating characters along the way. As the story progresses, we learn details about the mysterious man to whom the bag belongs. The film brings together a variety of cultures, languages and film styles into a singular narrative plot.