|Address||1579 N. Milwaukee Ave, 3rd Floor
Collaboraction is a company of creative people organized as a non-profit corporation, which acts as the hub of a large and fluid Chicago-based artistic community to create unique artistic experiences through theater and multidisciplinary collaboration in order to celebrate the human spirit. Founded in 1997, the company has created over 35 productions, representing a wide variety of genres, that have garnered 14 Joseph Jefferson nominations and four Joseph Jefferson Awards. Collaboraction has worked with over 2,500 artists and volunteers in dozens of venues in the Chicago area. Collaboraction celebrates it 17th year and has established two theatre venues and operation headquarters in the historic Flat Iron Building (Chicago), in the heart of Wicker Park. By incorporating innovative artists and interdisciplinary collaboration, Collaboraction creates groundbreaking theatrical and art-based experiences.
Originally founded by Chicago theatre director Kimberly Senior, the company has been led by Executive Artistic Director Anthony Moseley since 1999.
Collaboraction also has a robust contract services department called Experience Design that partners with private and civic clients, such as the Art Institute of Chicago and Bucktown Arts Fest, to create unique event theatre.
Each year one of the highlights of the Collaboraction Season is the SKETCHBOOK Festival. Sketchbook has been produced in past years at the Garage at Steppenwolf Theatre, Chopin Theatre, and the Viaduct Theatre.
Past company members include John Cabrera.
Most recently, Collaboraction produced Crime Scene: A Chicago Anthology, a piece exploring the violence that is occurring within the city of Chicago. Each performance was followed with a post-show discussion of the problem at hand. Following positive reviews the original run was extended. For the summer of 2013, Crime Scene: Let Hope Rise will be touring the Chicago Park Districts bringing the show to areas heavily impacted by the violence described in the show. Community members will contribute and add 'chapters' of their own stories to the show.
Since 2000, Collaboraction has annually produced Sketchbook, a festival of short plays performed in collaboration with visual artists, musicians, and designers. In recent years the festival has expanded to include additional programming of full length world premiers.
Actors at Sketchbook have included Michael Shannon.
- Crime Scene: A Chicago Anthology (2013)
- Our Last Night On Earth (2012)
- Honeybuns (2012)
- Yo Solo (2012)
- Sixty Miles to Silver Lake (2012)
- Dark Play or Stories for Boys (2012) - Jeff Award Actor in a Supporting Role
- Be A Good Little Widow (2011)
- 200 Funny Things (2011)
- Woyzeck Project (2011)
- 1001 (2011)
- G.I.F.T (2009)
- El Grito del Bronx (2009) - co-production with Teatro Vista at the Goodman theatre
- Goldbrick (2009) - co-production with Walkabout Theater Company
- Jon (2008) - Jeff Award New Adaptation
- Heroes and Villains (2008)
- The Intelligent Design of Jenny Chow (2007)
- The Siddhartha Project: A Down Home, Apocalyptic, Avalanche of Beauty (2007)
- Tone Clusters (2007)
- 365 Days/365 Plays (2007)
- Trueblinka (2006)
- The Pull Toy (and His Paisan) (2006)
- Casanova (2005)
- Guinea Pig Solo (2005)
- Apocalyptic Butterflies (2003)
- The Cosmonaut's Last Message To The Woman He Once Loved In The Former Soviet Union (2003)
- Suffering City (2003)
- The Joy of Going Somewhere Definite (2002)
- The Life and Times of Tulsa Lovechild (2001–2002) - Jeff Nominated Production and Director, Jeff Award Ensemble, Jeff Award Actress in a Principal Role, Jeff Award Actress in a Supporting Role
- Refuge (2000) - Jeff Nominated Director, Jeff Award Actor in a Supporting Role
- Trojan Women (1999)
- Chicks (1999)
- Lone Star/Laundry and Bourbon (1999)
- When You Comin’ Back, Red Ryder? (1999)
- The Dreamer Examines His Pillow (1999)
- Three Sisters (1998)
- Aria Da Capo (1998)
- Mud (1998)
- "Collaboraction Tours Evolved Version of Hit Original Play Crime Scene: A Chicago Anthology to Four Parks This Summer". Chicago Park District.